I. ❝𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎, 𝑜𝓃𝑒𝑒-𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃!❞

1. ❝I wanna play, onee-chan!

[ 2 years earlier... ]

"Eri! Wake up."

Red eyes blinked open, and Eri gazed up into Kazeko's face.

The two sisters were best of friends, and partners in crime. At least, as much as they could be when Eri was only four and Kazeko two.

The two were multiple things. Sisters, friends. But they shared more than just those things.

They both had what their mother liked to call "unicorn horns". (So did Hana, but she was too young to be a unicorn sister.)

(That's what they called each other. It was a secret name.)

"Urgh..." Eri mumbled, turning over, upsetting the little girl sitting on top of her. Kazeko gave a soft shriek as she tumbled over, giggling wildly at the same time.

"I don't wanna wake up yet, let me sleep..." Eri grumbled into the pillow.

"Noo!!" Kazeko stood up, then tripped over the soft blankets.

The little girl was very lively and excitable, and she smiled quite easily.

"I wanna play, onee-chan!!" Kazeko grinned suddenly, and jumped on the bed next to Eri, causing Eri to shriek and Kazeko laugh wildly. They both bounced upward, then landed comfortably on the bed, the little girl giggling.

Eri tried her very best not to yell at her little sister. Mama said not to yell at her, since she was younger and didn't know better.

But it was so hard sometimes!

"Eri! Kazeko!" called their father from downstairs. "Breakfast is ready!"

"Coming, Dad!" Eri yelled back.

Kazeko, who was struggling to stand up again, stared at Eri for a full second. Eri stared back. Then, grinning evilly, the older girl leapt forward and began tickling Kazeko wildly, causing the little girl's eyes to widen before she collapsed, laughing hard.

"That'll teach ya to jump on me!" Eri crowed victoriously, before leaping out of bed before Kazeko caught her breath and racing downstairs, clutching her bear as she went.

...

"I'll assume you have a good reason for being up there so long?" Dad raised his eyebrows, looking at her hard. They were in the hall, while Kazeko and Hana ate breakfast for a few minutes.

"Mhmm... Kazeko jumped on me," Eri grumbled softly. She wasn't annoyed, not really.

Dad's eyes twinkled. "And I'm guessing that you started tickling her?"

One of the things Eri liked most about her dad was the fact that his eyes always twinkled when he was laughing on the inside. It always made Mama either scold him or laugh at his antics.

Eri swung her hands slightly, the teddy bear she carried limp as a noodle. "Maybe."

Dad laughed, out loud this time, which made Eri wonder if he was always laughing, at least somewhere inside. Just laughing all the time.

"Well, I expect your sisters and mother are waiting for us." Dad extended his free hand, the other holding tightly to a half full mug of coffee.

"Let's go join them."

Those were the last words Eri ever heard her father say. 

[ 500 words ]

a/n: heyheyhey! you could be new, or an old reader, but it's nice to see ya anyway :0 it turns out I'm going to be on vacation next week, so I won't be updating this for a bit, but I'm glad I get to rewrite it ^^

character profiles will come out soon, thanks for reading!

Miley out!