Making the move

💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨
After the meal I waited patiently till the waiter had come for what each of us owed before I moved over to her table a few minutes later. It was clear the rain was not stopping any moment soon and I could not be said to be an intruder, for she alone sat, starring thoughtfully and vacantly at the far end of the cafeteria.

She welcomed me with a genial smile and introductions proceeded. The usual fumbling and unrehearsed silly comments from my side followed. I had to reflect on activities of the day later that night to realize how some unsolicited words and unguarded comments had escaped from my quavering lips. But was I to blame?

Show me a person in love and let me tell you who the world's stupidest fool is.💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘

I got steadier as the conversation progressed. We discussed every available subject under the sun, except the real reason for which I wanted to be so close to her - love.

Dulcie, for that was her name, was a lady to behold. Her kind of beauty defies description. Perhaps, King Solomon's Songs of Songs can attempt a description. It is, in fact, an understatement to say that she was beautiful. This imposing beauty, together with her learned contributions to our discussion, made her presence pleasantly intimidating.

I greatly admire beautiful ladies. But brainy ladies, I worship. And Dulcie possessed a rare combination of both qualities.🌟

At the end of the day I managed to strike an acquaintance with her and went home with what was later to become the most important phone number I had received.

A lot went on: innumerable calls and text messages flew towards her and a few to me. We grew more and more intimate and I had to act fast upon learning that she was single and unattached.

Wait for a roasted meat to cool before you eat it and it will cool in someone else's mouth.
And that was beginning of the story.

That's how it all started...