Untitled Part 201

Gork asked to leave the council shortly after the covered crate was brought in by the servants. Attila let him go without question and immediately ordered a party, to which he also brought honey wine. Only a few remained on the council. The leaders retreated in confusion at the sight of Attila's cloudless glee.

Oskam was already waiting for Gork. They started talking to each other for a long time. Gork did not understand Attila's behavior, but Eskam's requests also confused his mind. The high priest gave Gork a potion in a bottle, and left it to stir into the evening meal of his three thousand soldiers, as well as their drink. The high priest then ordered a wine drink, saying this would be the last for many. Shortly afterwards, the soldiers stared at themselves dazed, following all of Gork's orders without question. It was as if their own consciousness had left them. They didn't even talk to each other.

" Are you sure you want to do this, Eskam?" If you go to a Roman camp and reveal your identity...

" The thirteen are here again, Gork." The high priest objectively communicated this to his companion, who stared at the words in front of him.

- Well, it starts again. Gork muttered.

" One of them is in Flavius' army." I'm sure as a warlord, not a simple soldier.

- And what good is all this? If you are here, you will destroy everything we live. He doesn't get his own hands dirty. Again, he incites people to each other to prove our incompetence. They empty and lose our bodies. Millions of people are taken away again...

- You're right, Gork. If we do nothing. This is happening. They don't think about Oguz yet. And they won't, if it's up to me.

Gork looked at Eszteram in amazement. He thought a little, then said:

- The boy can't beat them either if they're together.

- If they're together. You can handle one more.

" They don't die like our Eskam." Not people. It was not the earth that gave birth to them. The gods don't take notice of them, they don't have to fight them. You can't destroy the energy that makes them up...

" Because we don't know what they're from yet, and we're finally here on Earth." Gork. That's why.

- You can't examine a creature like that. You can't capture it. Our ancestors also failed in this...

" Our ancestors will examine him and find out his nature if they fight him." Eskam smiled faintly.

- How? Gorda's face showed complete confusion. - Do you want to send it to the other world? Only the consciousness of a dead body can go there, or the conscious energy of the initiates can go, but a body cannot.

- You 're wrong, Gork. You are wrong. - My device was objective. "I saw a boy worth barely eleven winters, who had not even been initiated and entered with his own body and consciousness. The high priest looked at Oguz, then continued. - He's back, and he's still here.

Gork already believed that Eskam's plan could succeed. In all things he followed the instructions of the high priest of the Taltos.