3

That's how their complicated story begins

This party was supposed to be Jennie Kim's crowning comeback. She planned everything down to little things like the color of the cups. Yes, she did not want to see the red ones who come to ordinary parties. She ordered the glasses, because everyone will be drinking champagne. She hadn't spent money in a long time and could afford a fancy party. The theme was a masquerade ball. The girl picked out a costume, decorating the house, ordered the food, and the drinks.

Chaeyoung, the initiator of this action, had only to come. She was also gathering guests because Jennie didn't know anyone, and calling someone from Seoul wasn't very smart. Although, she knew that Chaeyoung would do it. She will be proud of any achievements of the friend and will invite someone that those admired and bit the nasty tongues.

Rumors were many in the first time. Jihoon is spreading rumors, mostly, and then Doyeon. She immediately did not believe her best friend and decided that she was an ordinary slut who decided to grab her brother. And Jennie was so depressed she couldn't argue. She just ran away. But all the sweeter was her return.

And here is, until the end of holidays remained just one day. Jennie wanted to throw a party the day before the last day, which was reasonable. Young people always drink a lot, and the next day, they could all come to their senses instead of trudging to school. But Rosie insisted on the last day, because otherwise it would be uninteresting. Jennie had been sitting at her computer typing a single message for half an hour. She typed and deleted, typed and deleted. She wasn't mad at Doyeon anymore; she wanted to make peace with her, because some part of her deep down still loved her.

Jennie wanted to invite her, to see her, perhaps for the last time, but she was afraid.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

Jennie shivered.

Jisoo had been different lately. She and Seokjin often visited the girl, helping her with the planning of the party. Jennie laughed a lot with them, getting more used to their presence, but Jisoo always sneaked up on her at least once a day.

"Chu, a heart attack is just around the corner." Jisoo rested her hands on the back of the chair, pressing her knuckles against Jennie's back.

"Come on. You're exaggerating. Look..." The girl became embarrassed by her request, but to anybody else it would not be addressed. "Can I borrow your laptop if it's not busy?"

Jennie immediately closed the e-mail tab. She wouldn't have dared to write anyway. She pushed back her chair and stood up.

"It is at your disposal, if your fingers do not slip past." Jennie smiled at the girl. She's really changed a lot. Jennie was pretty sure that what Seokjin had said more than a week ago was true. Jisoo was a wonderful girl, but she showed it so reluctantly.

"And one more thing." Jisoo turned away and looked down at the floor. "Can I... can I..."

"What is it, Chu? You know you can ask for anything, right?"

"Can I use your credit card?"

Jennie held her breath as she noticed the flush spreading across her pale cheeks. Well, for the sake of such moments, it was worth not thinking about the bad. It wasn't the first time Jisoo had been embarrassed in front of her. But every time she was beautiful.

"Sure. Everything for my ghost." Jennie laughed and went to the closet to get her purse out of her bag and her credit card out of it. "What are you going to buy?"

"It's a surprise." Jisoo regained her composure, biting her lip savagely. Jennie didn't understand why such simple gestures affected her, but they did, even though she knew they would never work.