Chapter One (only chapter)

“You will never get away!” he screamed.  ZAP and she disappeared into the busy, downtown streets of New York City.

Not many people have ever even heard of Kacey Collins, but the few are very thankful.  This thirteen year old girl couldn’t have been any more normal until today.  Kacey was a regular old schoolgirl who was deeply in love with playing the piano and any other thing that had to do with music.  She always got good grades and hardly ever got in trouble.  Kacey had beautiful medium length, dirty blond, wavy hair and her blue eyes always had a glittery tint to them.  She had cute schoolgirl freckles to go along with her plastic black wide lensed glasses.  On this particular day she wore her favorite pair of Converse Allstars, not too skinny, skinny jeans, and a t-shirt that belonged to her brother before he decided to enlist in the Marine Corp.  Kacey wore her hair down with her sideswept bangs hanging down in front of her right eye.  Her parents had passed away a couple of years ago and she now lived with her under protective Uncle Darren in New York City.  She hadn’t seen him for years before the funeral and now she only saw him a couple times every few weeks.  Most of the time he was out partying with his friends and left Kacey to fend for herself.  She missed her old life in Nashville,  Tennessee and her parents that left her years before she was ready.

Every morning, Kacey  goes to the same cafe and meets her best friend Ellie before school.  Today Ellie cancelled so Kacey sat there all alone.  She glanced behind her and happened to notice a strange man wearing dark lensed glasses staring at her over an old crumpled newspaper.  Kacey  knew she had  seen this man before, but she was not sure where.  Was it one of her moms many boyfriends?  No she ruled out  immediately.  Kacey had a memory that helped her remember all faces that entered her small apartment and this was definitely not one of them.  He was from somewhere else… “I know!” Kacey accidently said aloud.  Everybody looked at her, so she decided to go get some fresh air.  She walked outside and started heading to school, when someone tapped her on the shoulder.  She whipped around to see the man from the cafe standing behind her.  She began to run without looking back and she decided that she was never going to stop running until she made it to school.  She could hear the footsteps behind her and she knew she needed to run faster when the mysterious man threw something over her head and yelled “You will never get away!” then he disappeared down a dark alley on their right, but  Kacey kept running.  She took two steps and then ZAP!  All of a sudden everything turned pitch black and Kacey began to tremble.  She felt something rub against her and screamed out in terror!  She turned around quickly only to remember that she still couldn’t see a thing.  She figured it was just a sinkhole and that someone would come save her sooner or later.  She figured it wouldn’t hurt anything if she began to search for a way out.  She took one step and heard a painful cry for help.  All of a sudden a light shone brightly and Kacey thought it was the heavens coming down to bring her home to the Father.  She was grateful when it wasn’t, but frightened to see an ant the same size as her, standing in her sight!

“Why hello there, Ms. Collins!  I’m…” the ant began.

“I…… I…. What is going on!  Have I died and this is some weird afterlife land?” Kacey replied with major confusion.

“Hold on and let me explain,” replied Mr. Ant, “I’m the ever so delighted Mr. Ant, in which you will call me, and welcome to Wholeton!”

“Wait, what?  I’ve never heard of this Wholeton place.  Is it on the map?  And one more question well I’m at it, why was it dark when I got here and hold on, how did I get here?  What  the heck is going on!!!!!!” exhaled Kacey before taking another huge breath to begin jabbing her jaw yet again,”Why….