one.

"Becca! S

"Becca! S.O.S!," Natasha called. The young girl groaned getting as she got out of bed and thew on a jacket over her leggings and tshirt.

"What's the S.O.S?" she ask the redhead as she slid into passenger side of the black Corvette.

"There's been a shooting. In Steve's apartment."

"Steve like Steve Rodgers, Steve?" the brunette looked at her with wide eyes.

"That's the one."

___________________

Natasha and Becca run into the hospital to the front desk.
"Fury, Nicholas - where is he?," Natasha demands.

"First floor, exam room 5," the nurse quickly answers, clearly startled.

The two girls race to the room and burst through the doors. They halt at the window in shock.

"Is he gonna make it?," Natasha asks.

"I don't know."

"Tell me about the shooter."

"He's fast. Strong. Had a metal arm."

"Ballistics?"

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." Agent Maria Hill answered as she approached.

"Soviet made?" Natasha asks

"Yeah" Hill answers, turning to look at the redhead.
Suddenly, the doctor start calling for crash carts and
nurses to help.

"Don't do this to me Nick, don't do this to me." Natasha kept mumbling over and over under her breath.

"Time of death, 1:03am" the doctor called.

___________________

"He's lying about something." Natasha says as she walks up to Becca.

"What did he say about Nick being in his apartment?"

"He said he didn't know, but he does. Nick told him something and I wanna know what."

"I wonder how whoever did it knew Nick was there"

"I know who did it."

"What? How? Who?"

"The Winter Soldier."

"The Winter Soldier? But I thought that was a myth? How do you know?"

"Because he came after me before. I barely escaped. Untraceable, Soviet - made slugs, no rifling." She says as she lifts up her shirt ever so slightly to reveal a scar.

"I thought that scar was from the battle of New York?" the brunette questioned

"At the time, that's what I wanted you to think. There's a lot you don't know about me Becks."

"You said Steve went to S.H.I.E.L.D, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I highly doubt he'd be stupid enough to bring intel from Fury to S.H.I.E.L.D if he lied to you."

"Are you saying there's intel in the hospital?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

___________________

"Show time." The girls walk behind Steve and blow bubbles of gum so he can see in the reflection. Suddenly, they're being shoved into a nearby room.

"Where is it?" he questioned

"Safe." Becca answered

"Do better," Steve demands, shoving the petite girls further against the wall

"Where did you get it?" Natasha pushed

"Why would I tell you."

"Fury gave it to you, didn't he? Why?" the brunette questioned.

"What's on it?" he countered.

"I don't know" the redhead answered.

"Stop lying."

"I only act like I know everything, Rodgers"

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?"

Natasha stammers for a moment. "Well, it makes sense, the ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so did you."

"I'm not gonna ask you again" he says, pushing the girls once more.

"We know who killed Fury." Becca told him. He immediately released the agents.

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him The Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years."

"So he's a ghost story?"

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tires near Odessa, we lost control and went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out but The Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer so he shot him straight through me." Natasha explained, showing Steve the scar she'd shown Becca just minutes earlier, "Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." Steve joked, half-heartedly.

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried. Like you said he's a ghost story." she finished as she held up the flash drive stick.

Becca watched as Steve took the flash drive from her best-friend's hands.

"Well let's find out what the ghost wants."