{ONE}

"You promise me you'll be safe?" He was worried, and he had every right to be, but I just rolled my eyes at him

"Me? Be safe? Mate, you're the one with the bounty on your head."

"You don't understand." I stopped all movement, looking down at the now black-haired man underneath me. He let out a little whine at the sudden stop, then groveled as he looked up at me.

"You're acting like I ain't been in trouble before. God, why do you always bring up these things during sex Symon? it really kills the mood."

"No mood has died," He interjected and I scoffed, giving him a hard thrust which honestly I knew wasn't going to do much for him seeing as he liked those more than anything else. We finished soon after and I was quick to leave the bed. Not because I was angry at the younger man— Nah, I couldn't get mad at that face.

I hopped in the shower, and Symon was soon behind me, washing himself with a hum. "What do you think I don't understand?" I asked as the water poured down our bodies. Soap from his head slowly moved to the small of his back, and I watched intently until he turned around to face me. He sighed, his eyes closing for a moment.

"You're going into their territory. They've been off my track for a couple of months now. But you're going right into the beast's mouth. I'm just worried Cyph."

"Babe they have no idea who I am,"

"They've definitely seen us together,"

"I've dyed my hair since then, I got that septum, glasses. I could blend in immaculately. Be back with you in less than a week."

I put my hands around his waist, he looked away from me but I still latched my lips to his neck, earning a frustrated groan from him. "It'll be fine. You stress too much. What time is Pete coming for us?"

"Round five."

"Rena on hold to drive me to your pack land?" He nodded, pulling away from me. I could see it in him, the stress boiling over.

I had eyes everywhere, my laptop was open on the motel table in the bedroom, I tapped into cameras all over the states. I saw Symon's nephew finally make it back to his old pack's land a few days before.

I wasn't as worried, obviously. But Symon wasn't going to calm down until all this was over. And that was fair. But he wasn't going to be alone while I was gone. I was leaving him a laptop, and Peter was staying with him.

We got word from Rena and Peter that Charles was setting his sights back on the golden wolf. He had just come of age, any power that he had was going to be amplified. The boy had found his mate by the looks of it and his bio aunt.

We gathered that the plan was to kidnap the drug-addicted teenager and use him for a ransom. Smart — besides the fact that the kid was sober, and now as powerful as an alpha in the form of abilities.