Chapter 3

a/n hi hi!! im happy people are liking this fic! you can also find it on ao3 under sykkunohusband (me but on ao3!) along with some one-shots i have written!

i also want to very quickly say something about my personal life because sadly because of c*vid, i got laid off so i opened a ko-fi just in case someone wanted to donate or commission me to write something! don't feel obligated but here is the link just in case:

 https://kofi.com/sykkunohusband

happy reading now!

"You're making it worse!" Sykkuno complained, a pout on his lips as he stared into the mirror. His hair wasn't artfully messy, it was actual messy and despite Ash' attempts to make it look better, his hair resembled a bird's nest, including the eggs.

"Why don't you just wash it out and let it flop naturally?" Ash asked, sighing as she stepped back. "He likes you for you, you know? He wouldn't have asked you on a date if he didn't like the hairstyle he saw you in every day leading up to the date."

"Except for one time where I put gel in and he asked me out," Sykkuno countered, watching as Ash threw up her hands in clear exasperation. "Ash..."

"Sykkuno..." Ash parroted him and pushed him in the direction of the shower. "Just wash it out. Trust me, it looks better without." She bit her lip then and Sykkuno patiently waited for what would come next. "Look, he doesn't seem like a guy who asks out people willy nilly, it was just a coincidence. You look better without the gel anyway."

Sykkuno finally nodded and shooed Ash out, glad they started this at home makeover early so he wouldn't be late for his date with Corpse and forgo any chance of having a happy ever after with him, though that chance was low as it was. Sykkuno was afraid he was going to absolutely bomb this date and never see Corpse again. He wasn't the best talker and maybe the spell of what they had in The Busy Bean would be broken the second Sykkuno started his awkward rambling.

Ash was still waiting outside when he was done, ready with a brush and a blowdryer. Sykkuno appreciated her for being there for him even though she was still apprehensive about the date. She had asked him approximately a hundred more times if he was really sure. "You can still cancel!" she had repeated a couple of times, almost hopeful that Sykkuno would cave and say yes but he had refused every time. He understood why Ash was worried so he held no grievances about her continuous nagging. If he was honest, he was worried too. Something dark surrounded Corpse like a well-worn coat and Sykkuno wasn't sure if he was able to handle whatever it was that caused his aura to ooze from his pores but he was willing to find out. The darkness attracted him, the possible danger excited him and he was ready to let Corpse ruin him if that was what it took to escape his otherwise boring life.

"Black?" Sykkuno asked as he stood in front of his closet, his hands hovering over the shelves but not taking anything out. "Maybe he would like black."

"Do you like black?" Ash asked him sharply and Sykkuno couldn't do much else than shake his head.

"Fine, I'll just... ehm..." he stood hopelessly in front of his closet again until Ash finally pulled out some black jeans, appeasing him a little, and a cute green button-up that he had always liked to wear a lot during the more formal events The Busy Bean hosted. he felt good in it and he knew Ash had made the right choice in forcing him into this shirt when he looked at himself in the mirror again after putting his outfit on.

He didn't feel self-conscious or insecure and he thanked Ash with a soft pat on her head.

"I'm still your boss, don't push it," Ash said as she tried to slap Sykkuno's hands away which only made him giggle louder.