Chapter 1: A Rose, From Me to You

"There might be million of roses in the world,

but you're my only one, unique rose."

IT HAS BEEN A YEAR since I met the Nameless Prince in my dreams. Ever since then, I only dreamt of vivid images. By now, I turned it 11 years old, and I was with my mother— Diana.

Me and her lived peacefully in Siodonna. It was a far province from the Main Capital of Obelia, but it prospered on its own. Siodonna was abundant in crops, textiles, and everything in between. There were plenty of fairies living amongst us too— and I was one of them.

Mother says that I am different from the others fairies, who specialised in herbs, potions, and elemental powers. I had mana radiating through my veins, and it held an immense type of power far beyond anyone else's. I didn't dare question where such genes came from, but I knew it was from an unknown man.

Anything about my father, I didn't bring up to my mother. She fled to Siodonna out of their relationship, and she made sure to erase any memories from my mind. I knew that she meant well, but I couldn't help but question. What made Diana hate my father? Did he do something so horrid?

"Athanasia," she said. The name left her lips softly— it meant eternal life. It was such a beautiful word that I dearly loved. "the party will start in two hours. Are you ready?"

Much like last year, my mother invited our relatives. They were mostly female, and way more older than me. I didn't have any cousins around my age, nor did I have a friend. So, there were times when I felt out of place.

"I'll be fine, mom." I reassured her, then I stood up from my seat. "may I go to the garden to get some fresh air instead?"

She replied with a quiet 'yes', and gave me the gesture to leave. I did so, and went outside our little cottage. Truth was, we didn't have a garden. Instead, we were surrounded by a meadow of flowers and beautiful trees. Various creatures lived with us— kind elves, birds, and insects. It felt like a small paradise within my reach.

I sat down on the meadow of lilies, and let my hair sprawl out. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. With this, I drifted into my dreams while I took a peaceful nap. 

----------

"Where have you been?" a voice asked. I opened my eyes, and I was met with the Nameless Prince looking at me. He wore a white robe that loosely hung to his chest, and his messy golden hair reflected the sunlight. 

He sighed, and offered a hand to me. "I have been waiting for you."

"You were waiting for me? Me too!" I held his hands, and he pulled me up. I smiled at him, as I looked at my surroundings. "How did you find me?"

Instead of answering the question, he sat down beside me and placed a hand on my hair. "It seems that you have grown taller, Athanasia."

"I'm 11 now, but I bet I won't be as tall as you." we sat down at the same meadow from earlier--- it meant that we were at the same place but different dimensions. "do you live in this area? Maybe I have met you in real life already!"

He 'tsk'ed, and leaned back with one hand on the grass. "I doubt it. There is no way do I live in this field. It's a bit too tacky for my taste."