The Agent and The Doctor

Chapter 6

The Agent and The Doctor

Day 15

09:00

Si Jin stood in front of Chief Yoon and the Director of NIS at the meeting room, reporting the case after being released from the hospital two days earlier. He never thought he could still alive after being positive he won't survive. The hospital did surgery on him to remove the wood on his abdomen and he was conscious two hours after the surgery. The first thing he remembered was his beautiful partner. Si Jin insisted he wanted to see Mo Yeon before Chief Yoon scolded him and told him the doctor was sent to Haesung and also had a surgery, but she lived.

The agent took a deep breath and asked if he could see her, but the Chief didn't give him permission because of his condition and this was NIS confidential case. And the worst part, Chief Yoon also took his phone away.

For a week he was restless and the doctors in the hospital had to sedate him, so he could have some rest. Even it didn't stop his mind to keep thinking about Mo Yeon.

Was she alright?

And Si Jin didn't want her to think he abandoned her just like that after what they had been through.

"So, the murderer in Won Jin's case was Agent Park?" The Director asked Si Jin.

"Yes, sir."

After being released from the hospital, Si Jin did investigation about his former senior agent. What he found in Agent Parks's place was unthinkable. The former agent didn't lie when he said he did research thoroughly about his and Mo Yeon's family, and Si Jin had no idea how the agent had time to do that kind of research. He collected all the information and secured it in the NIS headquarter, for Special Case's files. The senior agent himself, apparently, was still alive and being sent to Federal Prison for his crimes.

"Motives?"

"He wanted something which Won Jin had information about it. He took Dr. Kang to the old manor to retrieve it, but I destroyed it."

"And what is this something?" Chief Yoon asked.

"A crystal ball."

Both men in front of Si Jin raised their eyebrows.

"Agent Park believed the ball has power to control the world, sir," Si Jin added.

The Director blinked. "Is that so?" He closed Si Jin's folder. "And you manage to destroy it?"

"Yes, sir."

"And the case in 1982? And Myung Hee?"

Si Jin took a deep breath and stared at his superiors before answering, "Caused of death cardiac arrest."

"Nothing else?"

"No, sir."

"The evidences?"

"A flashlight, a gun which I believe Agent Park gave to Myung Hee, and an old camera. There are nothing suspicious from the two objects aside from the gun. There are also the security record from the facility and the autopsy reports from Dr. Kang."

The Director exhaled and stared at Si Jin. "I'm so glad you're alright after dealing with this confusing case. I'm just curious how did you and Dr. Kang get stabbed with a piece of wood? Our men found nothing suspicious in the manor when we arrived."

The agent only exhaled softly. "I was...being careless, sir."

"Hmmm...I guess this one is different from your previous cases, isn't it?"