GTO- Great Teacher Oliver

Chapter 1 of GTO- Great Teacher Oliver

~The Start Of A New Beginning~

June 15, 2010. It is already 1: 05 in the afternoon, just 10 minutes 

after the school bell ring. The Freshmen of 1st Year Courage were waiting for the Social Studies teacher, who was already 10 minutes late. 

Little did they know about this teacher, aside from his stories they heard from his old students from the previous school year. Stories like, how he saved a 50-pound boy from drowning because he accidentally fell in the school's fishpond after trying to retrieve his 5 peso coin because he dropped it before making his wish. And this one time when he gave a small bird CPR after falling from one Talisay tree. The story that stood out the most was when this simple teacher, single-handedly fought off terrorists who wanted to steal our one-of-a-kind school bell and paging system (in which he himself later broke accidentally). It was pretty clear to them that he was more than a Social Studies teacher- this guy was a LEGEND.

Although Sir Oliver or “Sir Oli” as he is fondly called by his students, was just a teacher in ….... for 2 years or so, he was respected, he was being idolized by the students of ….... that if they could bow down to him they would, but being the humble and kind person he is, he was well-loved by the faculty and staff, the students, the maintenance men and cafeteria works , not to mention the school guards. Sir Oliver loved everyone especially his students, he tried his best to be kind to his students and he only gets angry when he needs to, but when he does, it's not the kind of I'm-gonna-kill-you type of anger but the that's-not-right type.

So after more than 10 minutes of waiting, this so-called “legend” or so other people say, greeted his class, led them into their classroom on the first floor of the highschool building, and after their prayer, apoligized for being late. At first, some boys doubted of this teacher's greatness for he looked so simple and he looked so innocent and weak he couldn't open his own bottle of Coke. But, they were reminded by his old students that what you see, isn't always what you get. They learned that lesson after he wrote his name on our board. “Good afternoon class, My name is Sir Oliver. I will be your Social Studies teacher for the whole ye-. Before he could even finish his sentence, his phone rang to the tone of Super Junior's Bonamana. Before we knew it, he answered his call with his expensive Samsung Genoa.

“How could a teacher afford that kind of phone?” Cheng-Cheng of the students thought. 

“ Improper use of cellphones during class....” whispered Jun Carlo, who sat behind Sabrina and Micheal. Cheng-Cheng was right. He was answering his phone call right in front of us. If it's a minor offense for a student, how much more for a teacher? 

“Should we report him to our school principal??” questioned Marnellie, who was tremendously confused. This was the first time we ever saw a teacher do this. EVER. SS4EG ( Special School 4 Evil Geniuses) is known for people with respect, honor,power and all those kinds of stuff. What will they say if they knew what he was doing? After 15 minutes of waiting for his conversation with this person on the phone to end, the pupils should have started introducing ourselves 10 minutes ago and what these annoyed Freshmen really wanted to do was know more about their teacher if he really was a legend. 

“bye”, said Sir Oliver, as he returned his phone to his obviously expensive( made in France) bag. Finally!! That was the one word they were dying to hear to come out his mouth. Kent checked his watch, they only have 30 minutes left with this expensive phone-answering, expensive bag-owner. He explained why his phone call lasted 20 minutes long, saying in a well manner that the person who called him was the president of the Philippines' Animal Care and Protection agency saying he just read Sir Oliver's letter to him, demanding that the animal center should be given more money for the city and well, the president gladly agreed and starting next week, Sir Oliver's one of many wishes will come true. Can you believe this??? This teacher sent a petition letter to the president of the PACP agency and got a reply?

They didn't know what to expect from this person anymore. They didn't know if he was close friends with the mayor or with Noynoy Aquino or anyone of that rank of importance. All they knew was, they knew nothing at ALL.

As for the 30 minutes left, Sir Oliver explained to them how important “askals” are to our community, how stray cats should be loved and cared for, etc. The whole Courage class were just confused of what Sir Oliver was saying because while he was talking, Sir Oliver was holding a malnourished stray cat while chewing bubblegum ( where did the cat come from anyway?!)

~ end of chapter 1-GTO ~