Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Rainbow Rowell

        The sun is shining so bright from the rear window of her dad's car but Cath can't help but smile as she reads a note from the back of a Starbucks reciept she found in her pink leather satchel. It says, Just 3000 seconds away... Then she thought of Levi who's probably missing her right now. She misses him too. Just the thought of spending three months not being with him anytime she wants makes her feel sick and not like herself. She searched for her phone and read a message from Levi. It's hard that I got myself used to being with you all the time. I miss you already. Cath's smile got even bigger. Oh no, then how are we suppose to survive the summer?, Cath replied. Levi's probably at Starbucks right now. Phone's not allowed while he's at work except for something really important and Cath understands that. Levi still works at Starbucks and maybe for as long as he needs to. Cath did not wait for him to instantly reply but after a few minutes, Levi texted her, I'll drop by later I guess?? Cath chuckled knowing he's joking. She realized how something really important she is to him to text her back in the middle of work but she decided not to reply to him. She know he's busy.

        The ride back home was quiet except when Wren speaks to her phone. It irritates Cath though, but not to the point she's annoyed by it. She'd rather text her boyfriend than be all cheesy talking to him on the phone especially while their Dad's around and could be listening. Cath, unlike Wren wants their privacy. That's one of Cath and Wren's difference. Cath's a little more mature than Wren. She's seated this time at the passenger's seat and Cath is at the back along with their bags with stuffs from their dormitory.  Wren seem not to care as she speaks, "No you hang up, babe. No, you. Okay then, I love you more. Bye. You hang up..." For Cath, Wren's way too liberated that she flirts on the phone with their Dad beside her.

        Cath, Wren, and their dad did not talk that much along the way. Their dad focused on his driving while eating Lay's and Cath suddenly fell asleep unaware of it.

 *****

          Cath prepared their lunch as soon as she had finished unpacking. She made grilled cheese with bacon. "So what are your plans for the rest of the summer, girls?" their dad asked both of them. "I'm thinking of trying something crazy." Wren said. "That better be not as crazy as alcohol poisoning!" their Dad warned her. "Dad!" Wren replied. "What about you Cather?" their Dad asked Cath. She'd never heard him call her Cather the way their Mom calls her. "Well. I have no plans. Maybe just hang out some time." she replied. "Some time?" Wren asked. "Well, you know, Levi could come here anytime so I don't know when I'll hang out." Cath said. "Says who?" their dad said. Wren almost choked. "Oh. I thought it's okay with you if he come here anytime he's free." Cath said. "Summer ground rule which also applies on non-summer days starting from now from a dad with twins kids with boyfriends: No boys in the house when I'm not around and without me being informed. This is still my house, okay?" he said in a serious but calm tone making him sound like he's giving more emphasis to the fact that it's his house than his girls aren't allowed to have their boyfriends at home without his permission. "D'you guys understand that?" their dad added. "What if we have our own house?" Wren tried to ask. "Like you can afford one at your age. And still, no." he answered almost laughing. "Dad I'm 18. I can rent an apartment." Wren said. "Not this summer. You're both staying with your old man, okay?" their dad said. "Okay dad, I understand.. and I'm sorry." Cath answered. "Sweetie, that's fine. You know I trust you guys, both of you, and with your relationships." he said.

***

        Wren fell asleep very early. Cath just sat on her bed with her back against the headboard. She could not sleep. She opened her laptop. Her fans have been requesting for the bonus chapters Magicath has promised them. She's still working on the draft of the first chapter and she's not planning on posting it this week. Then she checked her phone and saw 2 unread messages. One from Reagan and one from Levi. I think you placed ur toiletries in the wrong bag. Don't u worry, I won't use them as long as I still have my stock. Btw, hav a gr8 summer ;) Reagan texted her. I don't mind if you use them, just don't touch my hair brush. U 2, have a good one. Cath replied. Then she read Levi's message to her. Just finished my shift. I'm on my way. Cath panicked. What does 'on my way' means? Cath thought to herself. I mean I thought he was just kidding, is he being serious? Cath thought. Then she realized the text was sent 8 hours ago, just after they had lunch. If he was serious, he'd be at her dad's house earlier by then. So he's kidding, Cath thought. Damn, I must always keep my phone with me.Cath told herself.

        Her phone beeped. Why not? It's from Reagan. I mean u can use it, just don't lose it, it's important. Cath replied. She thought again of Levi. He still hasn't texted since. She wanted to reply but she don't know what to say. Instead, she just waited if he'll send her a message saying he changed his mind or he was just kidding. She just can't text Levi he's not allowed to come without an invitation. That would be rude coming from a girlfriend. That word, girlfriend. Cath still can't digest the fact that she's commited in a real boy-girl relationship with the guy she know she loves and loves her back, Levi. And Levi is her boyfriend. It's like just before the start of freshman year, she's annoyed by him coming in and out of their dorm room, but now, they're in love and they've been together for a long too. She can't talk to her dad about him coming if ever right now either because he's fast asleep. He said he's been sleeping early recently.

        Finally, Cath decided to send him a message because she can't sleep without even talking to him. I'm sorry I did not text u wen I got home. I kinda fell asleep and forgot my phone. Anyway, here yet? She said half-kiddingly knowing he's not really coming. Then her phone beeped. It was from Levi this time. U can forget about ur phone but u won't forget about me right? It made her smile that he was flirting with her. I want you here. I just can't see u all the time now, she said to herself. Then her phone rang. It was Levi.