chapter 5

It was getting later, and one needed to use a torch to be able to advance through the mountain woods. Wei Wuxian traveled for a while, but did not come across any cultivators. He felt rather surprised: was it possible that of all the clans that had come here, some of them were still arguing endlessly at Buddha's Feet while others were like that group from before, powerless and returning in disappointment?

Suddenly, a call for help came from up ahead.

"Someone came!"

"Help us!"

These voices were of both men and women who were panicked and helpless, and they did not sound fake. In the mountain wilderness, a cry for help was most likely from a demonic spirit that was causing mischief. The ones who were not aware of this would walk straight into a trap. Yet, Wei Wuxian was extremely happy.

lqr:are you crazy?!

wwx:no im not

The more evil a creature was, the better. He was afraid it wouldn't be evil enough!

lqr: what do you mean afraid it wouldnt be evil enough ofc it wouldnt be evil enough because your the one who's oh they so called evil there

god:oh please shut up

He spurred the donkey onwards to hurry towards the sound, but looking around in every direction, he couldn't see anything. There wasn't an evil creature; rather, the rogue, rural clan members he had met previously were suspended from a tree in a large net that was gold and dazzling.

The middle-aged man had originally taken the younger generation of his clan to the mountain woods to patrol the area and they had stepped into the net. They hadn't run into the prey they looked forward to, but instead, had walked into a net set up by some rich person. They hung from a tree and complained nonstop. When they saw that someone had arrived, they suddenly perked up in delight, but it seemed like the one who came was a lunatic, and they were immediately disappointed. Although the ropes of the deity-binding net that bound them were thin, the material was top-notch, which made them sturdy and unbreakable. Once caught, no matter if they were humans, deities, beasts, demons, spirits, or monsters, they would need to toss around for a while. The nets could only be broken by a divine weapon that was of an even higher quality. This lunatic wasn't going to let them down, and they thought he perhaps didn't know what this thing was either.

Just as they were about to tell him to find help, the sound of the agile parting of branches and treading on leaves closed in on them. From the black mountain woods, a boy in light-colored, flowing robes emerged.

This young master had a dot of cinnabar between his brows, and he looked elegant yet somewhat unkind. He was quite young, about the same age as Lan Sizhui, and was still a half-grown child. He bore a case of feathered arrows and a long sword with a hilt that emitted a golden light, and he carried a long bow in his hand. The embroidery on his clothes was delicate and unparalleled. Located on his chest was an unusually magnificent white peony. In the dimness of the night, the gold thread sparkled, reflecting fragments of light.

Wei Wuxian gave a sigh. "How rich!"

jc:why does he look like a-jie

wwx: yeah why does he look familiar to biao-jie

jfm:she has a-li's eyes

yzy:though he is wearing jin clothes

lxc: is it posibble that , that is jin-gongzi and jiang-guniang's future son

jyl was beet red to imagine that

This must be a young master from the Lanling Jin Sect. Since the clan used the white peony as its family mark, and the flower was the king of flowers, it secretly flaunted itself as the king of all cultivators.