Chapter 1: Night Terrors

((Note: This is a flash back))

Kurloz had just woken up from another amazing night with his love, Meulin. He kissed her forehead before proceeding out to the kitchen to prepare her some breakfast. He wasn't the best cook but he knew he could try and impress her, he quickly tried to fix up some pancakes but they ended up burnt. He sighed as he placed them on the kitchen table, grabbing a seat and waiting for Meulin to wake up.

A few minutes later he could hear the patter of her little feet on the tile flooring.

"Kurloz!" She smiled and ran up to him, hopping onto his lap.

They nuzzled their noses and kissed before Meulin looked at his burned meal and laughed.

"Tried to cook again?"

"Don't make fun of it! I tried!" He wimpered

"Awww, I would never!" She giggled before pouring some syrup on the pancakes, then she put one in her mouth and struggled to eat it.

"Do you like them?" He smiled

"Y-Yea! they're the best!" She forced it down her throat.

"I think you should just save these for later.." Meulin said shoving the bowl into the refrigarator.

She sat back on Kurloz's lap before he interlocked his lips with hers, kissing her firmly. Both their hearts pounded and stomachs fluttered like it was their first kiss all over again. Kurloz cherished every moment they had together because it was evident to him that his night terrors were getting worse.

He knew he had to do something special before the time was to late, he picked her up and carried her bridal style back into their bedroom, he placed her gentley on the bed before crawling ontop of her. He pulled her into a warm embrace.

"What do you think about grubs?" He asked as her face blushed a light olive

"W-Well..they're okay I guess, they are trolls babies right?" She asked and he nodded.

"I just wanted to know becuase..well I want to make one with you one day."

Meulin was of coursed flattered and wanted to have one too, she wasn't ready at all though.

He carassed the side of her face before kissing her cheek and rolling next to her, still cuddling her against him.

"I love you.." He whispered in her ear before there was a knock on the door.

He sat up as she lay with her eyes closed. "I'll get it.." He quickly ran to the door and swung it open to only see the smile of the cherub, Caliborn.

"Yes..?" Kurloz titled his head.

"Are you ready for your power yet?"

"No, master.. I don't want to put Meulin through that."

"YOU HAVE TO!" Caliborn screamed at him.

"Fine.. you get your way.. I'll take the power and use her.." He sighed.

He shut the door and sat by the fireplace, it was dawn and Meulin was taking a nap.

"I'm sorry...." He though, a purple tear struggled to fall down his painted cheek before he wiped it away.

He approached the bed room and leaned down before her and kissed her lips and told her he's sorry once again...