Pilot

Magnus Bane is sitting down in the briefing room amongst his fellow detectives when he looks to everyone. "So, Lightwood, would you do the honours?"

Alec, frustrated, sighs and gets up from his spot, heading over to the white board. There is a small table on the board in the corner, which had a collumn labelled 'Bane', and another labelled 'Lightwood'. Under 'Bane' it has the number 23 and under 'Lightwood' it has 22.

"I hate this." Alec exclaims.

"Ah, yeah. And you're just gonna add one."

Alec changes the 23 to 24 in a very small font.

"I'm winning!" The whole room applauds other than the oldest Lightwood sibling.

"I hate this."

"It's a good feeling. It's a good feeling. Yeah."

"Enjoy it whilst it lasts." Detective Lightwood says as he returns to his seat.

"I will."

Luke Garroway is now standing up in front of everyone. Behind him is a TV.

"MB, update on the Wayland murder?"

Magnus, standing up from his spot, heads to the front of the room. There is now a slideshow on the screen which Magnus is controlling. "Yeah, good news to all you murder fans. Earlier this morning someone decided to shoot and kill luxury food importer Michael Wayland." He flips through the slides of the murder scene from the TV. "Body was found by the cleaning lady, during her interview, I deduced, using expert Detective work, that she had something super gross on her chin." He changed the slide to the woman, and zoomed in on the white blemish on her chin. Detective Lewis perks up from his seat.

"I think it was flan."

"Simon thinks it was flan. I think it was butterscotch pudding."

Jace Herondale has his legs on the table and crossed arms. "Maybe it was just old person gunk. You know how old people always have that gunk on them."

"Oldie gunk. Could be, yeah. Anyone else?"

"How about we focus on the murder and not the old person gunk?" Garroway reiterates.

"Crime techs are at the scene now. We're heading back when they're done." Alec speaks up.

"Okay, I want you on this. It's gonna be priority one for the new C.O."

"Wait, tell us about the new Captain." Detective Herondale says.

"Captain Penhallow will be here soon. She'll wanna introduce herself. Dismissed."

Everyone gets up from their seats and head out of the room.

Isabelle Lightwood is sat at her desk. There is a template that says 'Isabelle Lightwood Civilian Administrator'. She seems to be looking through papers. Simon comes up to her, smiling wide and sitting in the seat in front of her desk.

"Hey Izzy. You know any scalpers? I wanna ask Jace to go to the Taylor Swift concert with me, but it's sold out."

"Okay, two points to make here. First, Taylor... You..." She looks disappointing."And then Taylor." She flares her hands in the air to emphasize on the point.

"Yeah. What's your second point?"

"He's got a type. Which is really anyone but you."

"Yeah, that was my ex-husband's type too."

"Look, a Taylor Swift concert's a pretty big swing, man. I don't know. He's into watching old movies."

"Cool. Where would I find a place that shows old movies?"