The Sexiest Man of the Year

Claire walked into her office.

"So Kenny told me you blew it with Jon Bon Jovi." Alice explained.

"He called me a groupie! I hate snobs like that. Not even a snob he’s self centered. He thinks every girl who likes his music or comes to his dressing room door wants to have sex with him." Claire replied.

"But he's still sexy. People’s magazine voted him sexiest man of the year again. Don't you agree with us?" Alice asked with a laugh.

"I guess. But he's still the biggest jerk I’ve ever met." Claire replied. "I'll be in my office." Claire walked to her office. She looked at a picture of her and a man. Then another of her and the man at the hospital. A tear rolled down her cheek. Alice buzzed. She wiped her face.

"What?" Claire asked through the buzzer.

"Someone is here to see you." Alice explained.

"Who is it- Just let them in." Claire replied. She acted like she was typing something important on the computer. Her door opened. It was Jon. He had a bouquet of flowers. "Oh. Hi. How'd you find me?" Claire looked annoyed.

"Lucky guess. I'm really sorry about last night. I was a complete jerk and idiot. Not a lot of girls as- attractive as you come as a manager person for Dirksen." Jon explained.

"I'm sorry to be rude oh wait I don’t really care. I have a lot of work to do so if you can just leave. Just talk to Alice. She'll take care of any of your problems. Even sexually." Claire replied.

“Aren’t you, Derek Dirksen’s wife?” Jon asked.

“Yes. Why?” Claire asked.

“I’m Jon. Wow. Dirk was a good friend of mine. I never got the chance to meet you, but he never stopped talking about you.” Jon explained. Claire laughed.

“Sounds like my Dirk. Always bragging about his trophy wife, but never wanting to really show her off.” Claire replied. She sighed as if reliving memories. “I just really miss him.”

“He was a great guy.” Jon replied.

"OK. I have a lot of work to do. You can leave those flowers with my assistant. Thank you, Mr. Bon Jovi. You can set up a meeting with my assistant." Claire explained.

"How can I make it up to you?" Jon asked.

"You can't. Goodbye Mr. Bon Jovi." Claire looked back at her computer. Jon left her office.

"I'm sorry about her. She- I don't know what happened last night, but my sister always pushes a guy away when she knows she likes her and he shows interest in her." Alice explained.

"Will it be alright if I come back later?" Jon asked.

"Of course. And here's her card if you want to call her." Alice handed him a business card.

"Thanks uh-"

"Alice Meyer." Alice smiled. "My husband worked your concert last night."

"Oh. Kent. Cool. So I'll be back later." Jon replied.

"A single white rose. With Me by Sum forty one. Ever since Derek died she just wants her prince charming." Alice explained.

"Thanks, Alice." Jon handed her the flowers and left. Alice smiled.

Claire was getting ready to leave the office.

"See you sweetie. I'm going home." Claire explained.

"Alright. Have fun." Alice laughed.

"At home?" Claire asked as she got onto the elevator.

"What floor?" Jon's voice asked. Claire noticed him.

"Ah! Holy shit! What are you still doing here?" Claire asked.

"Making it up to you." Jon replied. He handed Claire a single white rose.

"What is this?" Claire asked.

"I am taking you on a date tonight." Jon explained.

"No. I want to go home." Claire replied. With Me began to play. "This was me and Dirk's song.

"Please just go on one date with me. One that's all I ask." Jon practically begged. Claire took a deep breath.

"I don't know." Claire replied.

"I'll keep coming to you office until you do." Jon warned.

"I don't care." The elevator stopped at the lobby.

"I won't give up." Jon replied.

"Oh well. You're just wasting your time. And aren't you married? Shouldn't you go home to her?" They got out of the elevator.

"Dorothea and I are getting a divorce." Jon explained.

"Then call me when it's finalized." Claire left the building. Jon sighed.

Claire walked to her car. Jon ran to catch up with her. She sighed as she turned around.

"What? Please hust go away." Claire looked at Jon.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about last night. And you really don't have a right to-" Jon began.

"Let me stop you, right there. Yes you were wrong. You are a self centered jerk, but to be honest that's not why I'm upset. Now if you'll excuse me. I am going home." Claire replied. She leaned began to open her car door.

"Then why are you upset?" Jon asked. "If it's not that I'm a jerk then why?" Claire took a deep breath.

"Leave me alone." Claire got into her car. Jon looked at her. "Goodbye." Claire closed her door and drove away.