ᴏɴᴇ

A quiet gust of wind whirled through the dark, spacious room as the doors opened with a rush. Men and women by the hundreds dressed in black filled the large hall, hushed talk and silent cries heard throughout.

Multiple pairs of eyes were instantly directed towards the man walking into the large, seat filled room.

Through his emotionless demeanor, his eyes begged to spill out all the tears they could. He wished he could curl up into a small ball and cry out until he lost his voice. But he knew the thought was useless.

General Kim Taehyung wouldn't never let his people seem him in such a state.

After all, he was now their one hope and faith to stop the war with the West.

Clicking footsteps seemed to reverb through the room as the brunette stepped forward. He nodded in thanks to the people who stepped aside to let him walk ahead, but he kept his eyes on the main attraction.

A large, spruce coffin laying atop a large, fancy wooden table.

Taehyung let out a breathy exhale as he stepped up the three leveled stairs to the coffin, quickly adjusting the tie to his suit. He felt as though he needed a change for once. A suit, instead of his usual uniform. The white and gold he wore daily was an eyesore, and he himself thought darker colors suited him better.

He didn't care what rules applied, the occasion was too important to worry about what the king would think.

His brother had always wanted to see him in a suit, aswell.

The man proceeded to raise his hand to his forehead, acting out the sign of the cross as he met eyes with the Pope of the church. The wrinkled old man's robe followed his movements as he lifted the lid of the coffin open for the younger man before him to take in what lay inside.

Biting his lip to forcing back a sob, Taehyung warily gazed down. His knuckles started whitening as his grip on the edge of the wooden coffin tightened. These moments felt like centuries, though only seconds pass by when you least expect it.

That was what seemed to happen only a few nights before.

Memories of his blood stained skin, the muddy ground of the for-taken field, the shouts and screams of agony. It all seemed to replay in Taehyung's mind, even though he had seen it all plenty of times before.

This time was much different, though.

Though the battle lasted forever, it all seemed to end in one single second. One moment a soldier was standing, the next he's on the ground, twitching as cries for help escaped his dry, bloodied mouth. It was so normal, so normal that it seemed to happen to every soldier Taehyung had come to know.

One of them being his own brother.

The image stuck in Taehyung's mind. The image of a sword, red and gold pierce through his brother's skin, taking away his last breaths not even a few moments later. He still saw the dark blue of the West, he still saw the devilish smirk on the man's face whom took his brother's life.

Taehyung still remembered the look of agony on the face of his brother's killer as he slashed his duel blades through his eyes, the four bullets sent into the man's chest left unwasted as he glared at the bloodied mess of his enemy.