Q - Prom

#14 - "Y/N, will you go to Prom with me?"

Requested by Ally34405

You leaned your back against your brand new car with your arms crossed, waiting for the last bell of Monsignor Farrell High School to ring.

Finally it did, and you pulled your sunglasses down from your head, wanting to look as cool as possible.

"No way!" A familiar voice exclaimed, and you you kept a cool expression as Q ran over to you. "When did you get this?!"

"Just last night," you replied as he circled your brand new black Mustang. "As an early graduation gift."

"This is insane." He shook his head, still in disbelief. "There is no way you're cool enough to drive this."

"Hm." You walked over to the driver's side. "Well, I was was going to let you take it for a spin-" You jingled your keys, and you could practically see the drool falling off of his face. "But I guess since I'm not 'cool enough-'"

"No no no! You're cool enough! You're way cool enough! Let me drive it, please!" Q begged, his hands folded.

You squinted yourself eyes at him as he continued to look at you desperately. "...Fine." He fisted pumped the air. "But you have to give me five dollars."

"Deal," he said, walking around. He slapped a five into your hand then got into the drivers seat, and you got into the passenger side.

You had meet Q, Sal, Joe, and Murr in your freshman year at a party in your neighborhood, but you had always clicked more with Q. You had stayed close since then, and sometimes found yourself wondering if there could ever be something more. But more than anything, you didn't want to risk your friendship, so you never told him how you feeling.

Q threw his backpack into the backseat, then stuck his key into the ignition, almost melting at the sound of the engine. "You are absolutely spoiled, you know that, right?" He asked, running his hands up and down the wheel.

"Uh huh, and you're lucky I am," you said, watching how amazed he was with the car.

He went through the parking lot then turned onto the road, gradually picking up more and more speed.

"If you crash this, you get to pay for it," you reminded, and he immediately slowed down.

It was a warm, sunny, May afternoon, so you rolled down all the windows, allowing the warm air to rush into your car. You cranked up the radio, and you and Q sung along loudly as he drove down the road, and it didn't feel like life could get any more perfect than this moment.

"So, you boys planning on asking anyone to Prom?" Murr asked as you all walked around the mall the next day, which was Saturday. "Or Y/N, but I figured you would wait to be asked."

"I haven't decided yet," you said, walking side in between Sal and Q, while Joe and Murr walked ahead of you.

"I think I'll ask Ashley Robinson," Joe said, glancing back at us.

"Ooo, good choice." Sal nodded. "She's really cute."

"Yeah, and most appealing of all, she doesn't seem to hate me."

You all laughed.

"Good luck keeping it that way, Gatto," you chuckled. "Once you prank her for the fifth time she'll be begging for a way out."

"Ha ha." Joe rolled his eyes.

"What about you, Q?" Sal asked, looking past you at him.

"Um, I don't know," he replied, rubbing the back of his neck.