Introduction

Hi guys,

I'm author Patricia Elliott, and as you can tell by my works on Wattpad, I'm primarily a romantic suspense author, who occasionally delves into horror and fantasy. My writing journey began on Wattpad in 2016. Wattpad brought my love of writing back, and many of my friends on here encouraged me to publish in the world beyond Wattpad. 

The first story I shared on Wattpad was "Her Lover's Face," and the response I received blew me away. It was much like the response I'm getting with "His Vanilla Girl," which hit 2m reads in February of 2021. My first novel was featured on Wattpad back in 2016, and I watched the reads and my follower count grow, and that encouraged me big time. It taught me that my book could find a home and would be loved. 

My writing journey started off rocky back in 2006, when I first wrote "Her Lover's Face." I received harsh criticism and rejections, even to the point where I was told the story doesn't work. It made me stop writing for ten years. But Wattpad helped me find my courage and after multiple edits, my book found a home with Black Velvet Seductions and was published in 2018. 

Since then, my list of publications has grown, and rather than clutter my stories list with short story excerpts, I thought I'd share them all here. My novel excerpts will still stay on my main page because I can share a few chapters, as well as, a few of my short stories— the ones that allow me to share them in their entirety, like, Never Far Away, which was published by Clarendon House Publications.

Most of my contracts only allow a certain percentage of my story to be shared for marketing purposes, so with the short stories that's a rather small excerpt—making it pointless to create an entire book spot for just for one short excerpt.

I know many of you love free stories, so I will always try to keep a few stories on my profile in their entirety, but my goal is typically to publish them all beyond Wattpad. I do hope that when I do, you will join the ride and help support me by purchasing a copy.

Or, if you can't purchase them, please do share them on your social media pages. Exposure is paramount in the publishing world.

Thanks for reading and being a part of my journey.