15 - 𝕿𝖔 𝖄𝖔𝖚

Childe dragged me down the hall, and after a minute of struggling I slapped him square across the face

"Don't say that to him," I hissed, "when I'm not yours to touch either. I'm going to go back there-"

"No." Childe's hand grabbed mine roughly, his fingers squeezing my palm. "That's exactly what he wants you to do. Are you going to keep playing into this; letting him abandon you for Guizhong and leap back to your arms when he loses her? It hurts to watch, and someone like you should not have to suffer such an untimely fate."

I felt something stir deep within my heart, but shoved it down. "No. If I run away, he might never return. I'd rather live being second best than not be in his life at all." I met Childe's gaze, pleading with him to understand and let go. "Please, let me go to him."

"Fine," he grinned, "what if I said that I didn't want you to go to him? What would you think?"
"I would think that you were talking out of your ass," I spat, trying to be slightly humorous.

"I'm not being vulgar. I don't want you to go to him, I want you to stay with me instead," Childe's eyes glimmered with menace as they met mine. "Join with him and you'll foddle my plans, (F/N)."

He caressed my cheek gently. "You're very special to me. You manage to not despise me when hearing of my origins. Not many people are like you, you know. When people hear of my past, they immediately mark me as evil! It's funny, no one even tries to understand me at all, but I think that you might."

I stared at him with shock. "Childe, are you okay?"

He laughed. He laughed and laughed, and that was more than enough of a response for me. His laughs were filled with such agony that it almost made tears come to my eyes at the sight of the harbinger being down this bad.

"Childe, what do you want to do?" I crouched down towards the boy who was shakily holding his head in his hands, quivering back and forth like a child.

"I want to see my family," he stared at me bleakly, "and I want you to be mine. I am declaring my love for you, right here and right now."

"There's no way that you can be in love with someone you've hardly spent any time with," I glared at him, "don't just say stuff like that without thinking."

"I want to learn how to be in love with someone," Childe snarkily replied, "and you're someone I think I could fall in love with, so..."

I pat his head and stood up. "You already know that I'm in love with someone else. I can't grant your wish and I don't want you to have to suffer from unrequited love. Trust me, I know how it feels. Fall in love with someone naturally-"

"You saying that makes me fall more in love with you, darling," he smirked at me, "so Zhongli better watch his back. You'll fall for me soon enough, anyways."