'006.

merry christmas.

╔═══════════════╗

SHE'S MINE, PT. 2,
J. COLE.

╚═══════════════╝

— THE NEXT DAY,
MARCH TWELFTH...

mikey wakes up to tori up under him. he grabs his phone off the arm of the couch and scrolls down instagram for a little, chilling.

he clicked on a post with his picture on it, thinking he'd just be liking a fan page's post. was it from a fan page?

yes.

was it what he was expecting?

no. fuck no.

the video starts, he cuts the volume down, "sources say that when victoria caine fled new york city, she had kidnapped someone in the process,

"the victim's name has yet to be confirmed, but it is suspected that the victim is michael williams, a popular teen athlete known nationwide.

"approximately a month ago, he transferred from san ysidro highschool in san diego, to democracy prep, the school that victoria caine also attends. williams has also been classified as a missing person in a matching timeframe of victoria's departure from new york city.

"we'll give updates as soon as possible regarding that. just recently, aaron and monica adams have been taken into police custody.

"we are still in search of their shared daughter, yvette adams, and we are still in search of angelina d'agosta, as well as damien and victoria caine, and lisa santana.

"if you have any information on these people, please contact us with the number below."

mikey's heart dropped. she was inevitably fucked, now. he looked at tori laying under him, and couldn't help but feel sympathy for her.

when he tried to get up, she groaned, "where you going?"

"i gotta pee real quick, i'll be back," he stands up and kisses her forehead before going to the room.

he locked himself in and typed in a passcode that didn't work, until it was permanently locked. he peers out the door to see tori still asleep on the couch. he crept out and went out on the balcony.

his stomach wrenched before he put his God given talent to use, and chucked the phone out into the city.

his chest heaved. he didn't want her stressing out about something else.

that video most definitely ruined his morning. he went back on the couch and filled his former spot as tori's "protection". the least he could do was protect her from something, even if it was just the morning breeze.

no matter how major or minor, no matter how intimate or ignorant.  he put his arm back around tori and rested his chin by the crown of her head, staring into that faint light the sun that'd yet to fully rise could provide.

then it hit him: they were to split tomorrow. he sighed and closed his eyes.

he didn't want to say he fell in love with her, but there was no doubt that he had love for her. the way he saw so much of himself in her while they came from the exact opposite environments still shocks him.