6

HARRY'S POV

I rush down the stairs to greet my friends. Not being in the same living space as Ron will be hard, especially if the person replacing him is Malfoy.

"How are you holding up?" Hermione asks, concern laces her voice.

"It's only been a hour. I'm fine, thank you for asking." I sit down on the black couch.

"It looks nice in here." Ron says, he somehow produced a tart out of his pocket.

"Are there... Are there tarts in your pocket?" I ask. I feel like I'm supposed to be confused, but I'm not.

"Yeah? I wanted more but dinner was ending so I took some." Ron opens up his pocket and motions me over.

I look into the pocket, "You have three tarts in there? How did you even fit those in there?" I ask. "I'm honestly very impressed."

"You think that's impressive?" Hermione questions.

"You love it." Ron says with his mouth full.

"You pig." Hermione rolls her eyes. But, there is a small smile on her lips.

"So, got in any fights yet?" Ron asked.

"No, not any major ones. I tried to offer a truce, but he said no. He thinks we'll be just fine if we don't talk. We can't live in the same place and not be somewhat decent to each other." I complain.

"You're right Harry, you both need to come up with some sort of system. Can you try not to make him as angry." Hermione says.

"That's the thing, I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I don't know if it's just my personality, or the way I look, what about me angers him so much?" I ramble.

Ron shrugs, "I might not like the wanker, but I agree with you. You two need to be somewhat friendly to each other."

I sigh and roll my head back, "I'll either be best friends with Malfoy, or I'll be dead by the end of this semester."

Ron turns his head over to Hermione.

"I bet five pounds he'll be dead." Ron whispers loud enough for me to hear.

"I bet ten that they'll be best friends." Hermione responds.

"Deal." Ron and Hermione shake hands, I stare at them in disbelief.

AN

-GROOVYLADY