VIII

Cheyenne gazed upon the reflection of a silver hand-mirror lovingly. "It seems as though the Ellis sisters forgot a few of your things in their collecting of your belongings."

Gemma-smiled from the corner of the room. "Yes, indeed they have."

Cheyenne had become accustomed to the red fog around her and she talked to the apparition rather lucidly. "You didn't kill Nurse Alma Wiley, did you?"

"I did."

The blonde paused, though the statement did little to scare her; for Gemma-Mae's apparition held a large influence over her countenance. Three days after her release from the infirmary, she had seen Gemma again and the redhead had thoroughly intoxicated her through the means of inextricable possession.

"You mustn't say anything to anyone, though, Cheyenne. Especially not to that annoying Ana Harold."

Cheyenne nodded, happy to obey her wishes.

"You are much sweeter now; I adore it!"

Cheyenne smiled. She had begun to grow closer with Roman, Rupert, and Jonas. Gemma had encouraged her not to accompany Ana much and the blonde had done well to listen.

"Why don't we look for your homecoming dress?" she suggested.

The redhead nodded approvingly. "Yes, let's."

Cheyenne walked out into the halls of the dormitory in search of Octavia or Priscilla. She wore her hair in long, twin braids with matching black, velvet bows fastened to each side. It had caught many of the students' attention; most notably, Rupert Bentsen.

"You're looking very beautiful today," he stated, having visited the girls' dormitory to tend to a group project.

Cheyenne smiled back at him pleasantly. As she continued in her search, she bumped into Roman; for he, too, had decided to tag along.

The son of the grand-chancellor stared at her bemusedly, having noticed her frilly, thigh-high stockings and kitten-toe heels. He enjoyed the girliness of the outfit and it reminded him aptly of the late-redhead.

"Ms. Whiteford," he greeted rather formally; for the manner in which the blonde had presented herself had caused him great thrill.

"Hi, Roman," the blonde responded, tugging at the collar of his shirt cheekily.

The boy's skin, pale and lush, began to redden. He chuckled deeply, allowing Cheyenne to resume in her task of descending the stairway.

Gemma-Mae smiled from beside her, heavy with the trills of red fog. She was pleased with her efforts and hoped to win the heart of every college boy. She had previously been quite peeved at Cheyenne's sour countenance and disregard for events and social matters, but now that she had her for her own, she would make her to be perfect.

Gemma directed her to the library. "Priscilla was always so scholarly; perhaps she'll be studying; right, Chey?"

Cheyenne nodded. "Perhaps." She was told to only speak to her in private, though she figured that Gemma wouldn't mind.

The pair headed up the main steps, only to find Octavia instead.

"Oh, I was quite hoping that I'd see you here. Is your sister around too?"

Octavia stared at the blonde a bit incredulously, though she did well in maintaining her composure. "She is."

"Oh, great. I—"

"She is studying for a test now. Perhaps I could be of help instead?"

Cheyenne looked down at the prim brunette. "I was hoping that you could tell me where you've taken Gemma's things. I believe that there is a dress that she'd like me to have."