7

Kuroo bought some new tubes of toothpaste and headed back to his apartment, he took a quick shower and had an onigiri for dinner, he then laid on his bed and put on his VR headset, ready to indulge himself into the game once again.

The screen shone brightly, with words indicating, "Kuro's Birthday Present!", he clicked the button, "Memory" hesitantly, scrolling through dates of special moments that he and Kenma had shared through their years of growing up.

The game created by Kenma consisted of 30 memories, Kuroo can select the memory by his own will and relive that memory again through the virtual reality that he had created, it was a simple game really, but Kenma made it for Kuroo as a birthday present when he was turning 22.

Kuroo has always talked about how much he missed going to school after his graduation, because reality and work was too demanding, so Kenma designed this game for him, it was nothing special really, but to Kuroo, it meant the whole world to him.

He carefully clicked on 17th June, 2012 file, ready to relive this moment again, he knew what he was doing was wrong, that he shouldn't be lingering on the past, but he misses Kenma so much, he wants to see his face everyday like he used, he couldn't bare to live one day without him.

Then suddenly, Yaku's face came across his mind, his hazel eyes and thick brows, his small lips and his angry yet honest personality. Kuroo shook his head aggressively and groaned, taking off the VR headset angrily, he shoved it back into his drawer and laid on his bed.

Drown in his own thoughts, he sighed, remembering what had happened that night, when he heard the news about Kenma's passing, he panicked and fell onto the ground, grabbing his hair tightly and he laughed, he couldn't accept it at that time, and to be honest, he still couldn't accept it now.

Kuroo would listen to audios that Kenma had sent him through messenger and cried himself to sleep every night after his passing, he would hug himself and even when Yaku came by to console him, he would push him away out of frustration.

And now, Kuroo could feel a stream of tears rolling down his cheeks, landing on his pillow case, he turned and grabbed onto his blanket, crying under it he let out a small chuckle.

How has life without you come to this? He thought, choking on his own weeping, he glanced at the kitten keychain hanging on his pencil bag, placed on his working desk beside his bed, the red ribbon was tainted with shades of grey but it still looked beautiful.

Just like the day that Kenma gave it to him. He sighed and wiped his tears away, looking at the ceiling with his arms spread out, he thought to himself, maybe Yaku was right, maybe he should really stop lingering in the past.

He has missed so many big events in his former teammates' lives ever since his death, he drifted apart from them except for Yaku, as his cafe was near his office. Maybe he should stop using the headset, and start taking control of his own life.

He recalled that day when Kenma organised a surprise birthday party, despite hating crowds and interactions with many people, he still did it for Kuroo, and Kuroo doesn't need a reply from Kenma saying "I love you too.", because deep down, his actions already proved it.

And he would feel awful if he knew that his death was causing this much pain. But how can one simply move on after one night of reflection? Nevertheless, Kuroo tried to compose himself and he rolled over, snuggling under his blankets, he sighed heavily.

That night, after 2 years of the absence of Kenma, he finally stopped using the headset for one night, and he fell asleep before it was midnight.

"Kuro," That name rolled off ever so naturally from Kenma's mouth, Kuroo opened his eyes, still bleary, he gazed at Kenma with confusion. The curtain of golden hair hid the sides of his face as he placed a few strands of them behind his ear. He said something, it was peaceful and his voice sounded so dreamy, Kuroo closed his eyes upon listening to Kenma's soothing voice.