Chapter 1

- NARRATOR -

♡ Madison looked out the window of the old school bus. But she wasn't on her way to school. Not normal school at least. She was going to Miss Dianne's reformatory for girls. Miss Dianne was Madison's only friend. But she wasn't there for a friendly visit. She was there for a checkup, a brain checkup. You see, Madison wasn't a normal girl. She was sick. Mentally. She was adopted, because her biological parents didn't want to take on the challenge of having a mentally unstable child. Her adopted parents, Sierra and Ross Jones thought that was just wrong. They loved her very much, but they wanted to hide her. Madison wanted to be known though.
She watched as Sierra took her purse from the floor and wake up Ross. They had arrived. As they exited the bus, Madison looked around. It was a talk building with a large black sign just above the doors that read 'Miss Dianne's Reformatory For Girls'
The three entered the lobby, where Dianne was seated at her desk. Sierra and Dianne had been friends for a long time, so Dianne enjoyed Madison's visits.
"Ah Madison! Nice to see you. Also Sierra and Ross. You also, my dear." Dianne greeted, standing up behind her desk.
Madison nodded.
"Alright, follow me. We will be in room 313 today." She said, gesturing for them to follow her.
The four walked into a small room with a bed and a desk. A few chairs for guests were set up by the desk.
"Take a seat, darlings. Oh, not you madison. You sit on the bed."
Madison glared at Dianne. but she did as told.
"How are you feeling today, madison? Any progress? I know you are on a new medication, correct? How is that going for you?" Dianne asked, pulling out a clipboard.
"I'm fine. It's going fine. Everything is just fine." Madison mumbled, laying back on the bed.
"Oh darling. You don't seem excited. Being sick does suck, doesn't it?"
Madison glared even more.
"I'm not sick." She said, sitting back up.
"Oh darling. You are sick. Very sick."
"I said I'm not sick. I'm just a girl, why can't you see that? I'm just like everyone else."
"Madison, you're different. Your brain doesn't function properly. Neither does your body. Until I see otherwise, I will continue to believe that you are sick." Dianne said, writing something on her clipboard.
"I'm not sick! I can move my body under my own control, and I can think just like you. I'm perfectly normal! Leave me alone!" Madison said, shooting her eyes to the door.
The handle twisted, and it opened. No one was there.
"Did you see that, Madison?" Dianne asked, looking back at her.
"Of course I did." she said.
"You're sick."
"You saw it too though."
"No, I didn't. It's a sick people thing. I saw your shocked expression, and in this room, clients tend to see things. Sick clients."
"IM NOT SICK!" Madison exclaimed, rushing out of the room and down the hall. Her parents followed. Slowly, madison became smaller than an ant in their vision.
"Madison! Wait!" Ross shouted, busting through the doors. And they followed her for blocks. ♡