Chapter 3

- NARRATOR -

Crying was one thing madison did not like to do, but often did. She did have reasons though. She held a knife in her hand and sobbed desperately. She needed to be saved, but she didn't want to be saved. Suddenly a buzzing noise came from the kitchen. She recognized it as the home phone, which only rang in case of emergency, which was more often than it should have been.

She dragged herself out and picked up. If was Sierra.

"Hello" she said in a rugged voice.

"Hi, Madison. This is Officer Margo. I'm afraid to tell you there was a terrible car crash on the highway. Ross and Sierra are dead."

There was a moment of silence, but was broken with sirens and a loud CRASH.

"And another car just seemed to have crashed into it, so if they weren't dead before, they are now. I'm sorry dear. Someone will be at your house within an hour. Have your things mostly packed."

"Where... where will I go?" She muttered.

"It's still being decided. Likely a foster home. If one is not found, an orphanage a bit north of here has offered to take you in."

She put the phone back in its spot. Now what? She put the knife up to her head, lowering it slowly to her neck. She gently rubbed her throat with the tip.

"I'm not sick. I'm not dead." She repeated quietly.

She sadly sat in the black leather chair that was in the corner of the living room.

She went to sierra's closet and pulled out a suitcase. She sighed. She dragged it to her room and threw it on the bed. Dragging out hundreds of clothes, she began to cry.

Depressing thoughts crossed her mind.
"What's going to become of me now?"
"They'll abandon me."
"They think I'm sick. I could end up in an asylum or a mental hospital."
"Is this how it ends?"