The Beginning

"I'm so bored!" Kavya said. She was wearing a purple T-shirt and black leggings. She had light brown skin and dark brown hair and eyes the color of her hair to match. The sun was bright and high in the sky.

Kavya's house was brown with some white pillars at the entrance door, and sunlight was pouring down the house like syrup on a pancake.

Inside, Ally had come over and the two of them were still pondering on what to do. "Do you want to... go on a walk? Nah that's what we JUST did." said Ally answering herself almost at once. Ally had brown hair, chocolate-colored eyes, tan skin and just like Kavya she was fourteen. Ally was wearing an off-the-shoulder pink shirt and metallic silver leggings.

"I have an idea!" Kavya jumped up and shouted. But, almost as quickly as she'd got it, the idea faded away.

"A CARNIVAL!!!" Kavya shouted at the top of her lungs. "A CARNIVAL??!!!!!!!! NO ONE ever TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS A CARNIVAL IN TOWN!!!!!"

Ally smothered a laugh and managed to say, "Of course there is a 'CARNIVAL' Kavya!" But that was all she could say before she started laughing.

They got a ride to the carnival from Kavya's dad (Kavya's mom was divorced). When they arrived, Kavya and Ally were SOOO hungry. It had been a couple of LONG hours before either of them had eaten.

"I'm starving. Let's eat, then we can ride the roller coaster. That café over there looks good." Ally pointed to a small red brick building. Above the tinted glass window, there was a big stone sign, that had 'Pattie's Café' engraved into it.

"I'll get sick if we eat before the ride. We can eat right after."

Yashna, a girl with black hair, dark brown eyes, and light brown skin, was excited for the carnival. She was fourteen and had grown out of her LOVE for carousels but had NOT grown out of her love for cotton candy and roller coasters! She was wearing a blue shirt that had a little dog on it. It read 'It's called fashion. Ever heard of it?' After twenty minutes on the roller coaster, Yashna sat down at an empty table to munch on some delicious cotton candy. A while later, two girls (Ally, and Kavya) walked up to her.

"Hey," one of them said. "I'm Ally, and this" Ally said pointing at the other girl, "Is Kavya."

"Hey!" Yashna said smiling at the two girls, "I'm Yashna, and well, I'm fourteen, what about you guys?","

"Fourteen," Came a straight response from Ally and Kavya. Kavya observed, "I've seen you at school... you go to Ridge High School... right?"

"Well, Kavya and I were just about to take a ride on the new roller coaster. You want to come?", Ally asked, grinning.

"Yeah!"

"DOGS!!!", All three of them shouted at the same time, bursting with excitement. By the time they were done laughing, they had arrived at the roller coaster.

"Looks like we're here,", Ally smiled. They were looking at a tall, loopy track, and about fifty roller coaster cars. The cars were white with black polka dots, and they were each the size of a hot tub. Ally, Yashna, and Kavya, watched as the cars went up, down, left, right and did several loop-de-loops, like people hurrying to get to the right store before the sale at the mall ended.

"Excuse me, would you like a ride on this 'coaster'?", A man asked. The girls' spun around. A fat little man was behind them. He was wearing a bright orange vest with neon stripes, that had a name tag on it which read "Bob". He had dark blue jeans and his eyes were the color of a lush green jungle. His hair was red, and he had a beard that matched, but you could easily tell that his hair was a toupee. He was wearing red leather cowboy boots, and his voice sounded southern.