5. "dont call me that"

tw: aBu$€, Alc0h01 aBu$€

sorry school and not being motivated slowed me down with updates but im here now:)
———————————————
As practice started you sat there starting to study each member on the team.

When hinata and kageyama did their fast attack you were amazed. Although as to some it looked like no one could stop their attack, but you saw a flaw that stuck out like a sore thumb. It looked like to you that Kageyama only gave Hinata the tosses that would be best for the game. Not the tosses that Hinata actually wanted...

After watching Hinata and Kageyama, you moved on to Yamaguchi, whose serves was amazing to the eyes. And those float serves were so good you couldn't be happier for him. You observed him a bit more and could tell that he was severely insecure about his servers. The way he hesitated before each serve made your heart ache.

Your eyes wandered to Nishinoya as he was fast and his stamina... was he always this alert?
Every time he missed saving the ball he heavily blamed himself. Even though he apologized after every mess-up, you could tell he was secretly beating himself up inside. You remembered the feeling. Nostalgia creeped up inside of you as you finally remembered how much you truly missed volleyball.

Before you could get sad you turned your head towards the liberos' best friend. The buzzed cut wing spiker held quite a heavy force on his spikes. But like his best friend he also gets down when he isn't able to spike past a blocker. You felt bad because of how tanaka and nishinoya are usually everyones hypemen. But seeing how down they could get by letting their team down upset you.

You whipped your head to see who blocked one of your best hypemen, and there tsukishima was. Standing there glaring at the orange who was making tanaka feel better about his missed spike. You looked at him in amazement as you saw how hard Tanakas spiked the ball. He start bending and cracking his slender fingers while you were trying to analyze what just happened.

"hey y/n" you turned your head to see kiyoko standing there with a small smile.

"oh hi kiyoko" you said with a small wave before turning back around to your clipboard.

"i see you're working hard and taking notes. its almost time to go" she said

"oh really i got caught up in the members and taking notes that i didn't pay attention to the time. Although i wasn't able to get notes on all the members" you said a little sad that you left some out.

"its fine really" she said before you both heard clapping from one side of the room

you walked to your brother who was clapping.

"why are you clapping if you have a whistle?" you asked laughing hysterically at your dramatic brother

"y/n hush im the coach here" he said with sass

"woah okay 'coach'" you said with air quotes

he hit you on your head and you nudged him in his side

"ow that hurt! whats wrong with you" you said rubbing the spot where he hit you

"anyways you guys did great in practice today"
he said turning back towards the boys who were all sitting down on the ground watching you two argue