Chapter 12- Zachariah's Protection

Song: Agust D, RM- Strange

3rd POV

***

He wanted the dirty, ice cold ground to drown him in the depth of nothing or anything than to go through this agony. He already paid the price of screaming for help earlier, now it burned to even make a noise.

The blood refused to stop flowing out of his throat. He replayed the shameful thoughts in his head, the constant reminder of 'how an Alpha couldn't even defend himself. How could he lead his Pack if can't save himself?' He was weak.

Young Alpha Zachariah, barely 14 laying there helplessly with his weak mind and body. He cried until there were no tears left to cry, his body shook like a leaf on a branch barely hanging on due to the harsh wind and his throat tightened up like a turtle hiding in its hard shell. The healing process started.

He thought that he was going to die, yet he felt as if dying would be better than to face his father as a worthless Alpha.

The young Alpha's ears twitched, he heard a faint noise outside of the cage he was thrown in. There was a commotion going on somewhere, the thick walls of his cell didn't mute the noises.

The cold ground shook as the wall beside him shattered. Immense authority radiated from the boy who stood tall in front of him. He never felt so intimidated yet relieved at the same time. The boy looked the same age as him but he had more power, which meant that he was also an Alpha, yet much stronger than Zachariah.

He ran over to Zachariah checking his poor condition. Zachariah clinged onto the Alpha in desperation, he wasn't going to die, he was finally getting out of here.

"Don't worry, we're going to get out of here," Zachariah nodded and managed to stand up with his help. The Alpha pitifully looked at him. "What's your name?" He asked.

Nothing could come out of his mouth. Zachariah couldn't speak. His throat was healing but nothing could be done about the inner damage. The other Alpha understood.

"I'm Aaron, the Alpha King," He was shocked, The Alpha King is here to save his weak self. He couldn't help but feel unworthy but glad that he was getting saved by the powerful Alpha. "My men are spread around this area, let's get out of his hell hole, already," He nodded.

Zachariah saw a perpetrator, about to lunge at Alpha Aaron. His body reacted before his mind pushing Aaron away and taking the deep claws to his sides. Blood splattered on the ground and he groaned in anguish.

Aaron's dark growl reverberated against the walls shaking the metal windows around them. Zach held his side torso trying to prevent the blood from flowing out, as Aaron got closer to the rogue.

Zach heard the least whisper of the rogue's then collapsed to the ground.

"Shit, hold on," Zach felt Aaron's wrist against his mouth, "Drink my blood, you'll heal a bit faster," Zach did as told, the bitter blood energized Zach almost instantly, the wound on his torso closed up and he was able to stand again. Although his wound was healed, it was still hard for him walk since his previous wounds were still open.

As they were walking out, Zach noticed something odd. He heard a light whimper near them.

He stopped Aaron and pointed to the door in the hallway. Someone was there. Zach walked over to the door and gulped in confusion. Why was she here? A sudden rage erupted in him, he kicked the door open and rushed over to her.