Chapter 19

Zhen Yuanbai almost immediately rejected him out of instinct.

But when he met Shi Bufan's bottomless pitch-black eyes, he saw a tint of eagerness which was mixed with something he didn't understand. When Zhen Yuanbai looked over, he almost couldn't detect that.

Shi Bufan wanted Zhen Yuanbai to accompany him.

When he came to this conclusion, Zhen Yuanbai felt uneasy and looked down, murmuring, "Then, should I call my father?"

He didn't want to board at school with Shi Bufan, especially when he took notice of Shi Bufan's thoughts. He wanted to give Shi Bufan a way out of this embarrassing situation, but if he prevented himself from calling, then he...

"If you don't want to, you can reject me." Shi Bufan chuckled and looked tenderly at him. "Scaredy-cat."

He didn't force Zhen Yuanbai. From his tone, it felt like Shi Bufan was even pampering him, not caring whether he would stay or not.

Zhen Yuanbai felt distressed for a moment before he turned around to call Zhen Pingjin. He originally said he was going home, but then he suddenly told Zhen Pingjin that he was going to board at school, making the latter a bit angry. "You didn't finish your homework?"

"I finished." Zhen Yuanbai pondered for an excuse and said, "But I want to attend the evening study session since there are a few questions that I don't understand."

It wasn't like this hadn't happened before, so Zhen Pingjin said, "Ok, then remember to eat dinner."

Zhen Pingjin hung up and Zhen Yuanbai looked at Shi Bufan; the latter curled the corners of his lips up. Zhen Yuanbai could see his twinkling and sparkling eyes and Shi Bufan said, "Then let's go out to eat and then come back for the evening study session."

Zhen Yuanbai nodded and felt uneasy as he was lying to his father.

While eating, he really wanted to ask Shi Bufan why he had two fathers and mothers. But, when he remembered that Shi Bufan had lost his memory, he swallowed his words.

Yet, Shi Bufan could see through his hesitance, so he asked, "What do you want to ask?"

"The mother who was calling for you at the hospital...doesn't seem to be the same one as the other day."

Shi Bufan laughed and said, "I don't know why either. I forgot everything."

"Then why are you so rude to them?" If they were strangers, he probably wouldn't have done that.

"Because I feel a headache rising when I see them. They're very annoying." Shi Bufan propped his chin on his hands and looked at Zhen Yuanbai, saying in a gentle tone, "If they all looked like you, I wouldn't be annoyed."

Zhen Yuanbai was stunned and asked shockingly, "Why would you want your parents to look like me?"

"I wish everyone in the world looked like you." Shi Bufan placed some food in Zhen Yuanbai's bowl and continued, "That way, whenever I go, I can see you and be in a good mood."

Zhen Yuanbai ate the food in his bowl and felt strangely happy. "You're happy when you see me?"

"What do you think?"

Zhen Yuanbai nodded and shoved a piece of meat in his mouth and suddenly suppressed his delighted feeling. Why was he happy about this? The reason why Shi Bufan was saying this was because he had feelings for him...Shi Bufan even wanted to kiss him.

Since they decided to board at school, they definitely needed to attend the evening study session. The moment Ji Yanping saw Shi Bufan, she was a bit shocked. Lately, there was a high chance of Shi Bufan coming to attend the evening study session and he came with Zhen Yuanbai every single time.