Sweethearts

I wrote this because it was Valentine's day when I started, and I'm slightly less than obsessed with Naruhina..... It still fits in with my giant fanfic series of Naruto with New Beginnings and The Exchange Students. So if you wouldn't mind checking those out, that would be bomb. Anyways, enjoy the oneshot.♥

Btw, I don't actually own Naruto. I know their might have been some confusion, because if you look at my profile picture, me and Masashi Kishimoto are pretty much twins. But naw man, it's his amazing story line, I just write mediocre fanfictions with extremely generic names.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up in bed and stretched as I woke up. I was suddenly pulled down. "Ah!" I screamed in laughter as I fell.

"Good morning honey," my husband whispered lovingly into my ear as he pulled me into a hug.

"Morning." I smiled, snuggling deeper into his arms. "Happy Valentine's Day Naruto."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot it was Valentine's Day. You know what that calls for." Naruto said seductively. He began kissing my neck softly.

"Mmmm- Naruto, I have things to do today."

He stopped just long enough to answer, "No you don't."

"Yes I do." I grabbed his face and kissed him. Then I threw the bed sheet over his head.

"Aw come on, lay with me a little longer." He pouted.

I wasn't wearing anything, so I walked over to the dresser, to put on some clothes.

"Never mind, I like this view." He said.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a shirt out of the drawer, and pulled it over my head. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"I don't care, but I bought you cinnamon rolls if you want those."

"Ooh thanks!" I grabbed some sweatpants and walked out of the bedroom, pulling them up as I made my way to the kitchen. I grabbed the packet of cinnamon rolls out of the fridge, preheated the oven, and spread them out on a sheet.

I was waiting for the oven to preheat, so I picked up the picture on our counter and began looking at it. It was the picture from our wedding nearly two years ago.

Naruto and I hadn't always been together, but now I couldn't imagine life any differently. It was weird to think that I used to be that little girl who couldn't help but stutter and blush whenever I saw him. Now I barely ever stuttered, and as for blushing? We were still sort of working on that one. But nevertheless we had both changed for the better in so many ways because of each other.

"Hey Hina, I have to go to the office, apparently there's something I need to know. It's really important I guess, so I'll be back around 4." As usual, his duties for the Hokage determined our day.

"On Valentine's day?" I asked, sadly.

"I know, I'm sorry." Just then he pulled me closer to him and whispered in my ear. "But when I get back we can have a little fun." I blushed like crazy. "I love you Hina." He gave me a kiss.

"I love you too," I smiled, pulling away. Thank

He left, and I ate some cinnamon rolls before I got dressed and headed out.

I couldn't wait for the upcoming night. Naruto -despite his usual lack of romanticism- always made days like these special. And even though we had clearly told each other no gifts this year, sitting on the bed was a box of chocolates, and a dozen roses.

So I put the roses in a vase and put them on the kitchen counter. I looked over at the clock. It was already 10:00. I needed to get ready to go.

As soon as I got dressed, I headed out. I had a doctors appointment at 11:00 and after that I needed to go get a gift for Naruto.

~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~

Naruto's POV

I walked up the steps and opened the door to the house. "I'm home!" I shouted, taking off my shoes. I walked to the kitchen.

"Welcome home!" Hinata kissed me. "So how was your day?"

"Well um I don't exactly know how to say this but um... I was selected to become the next Hokage." I smiled.

Her eyes went wide "I'm so happy for you! That's amazing!" She practically jumped on me and started hugging me. "This is so exciting!"

"I know, I've wanted this ever since we were kids." I smiled.

"I'm so proud of you." She wiped away a single tear then kissed me.
"Oh and by the way." Hinata ran out of the room, and came back holding a small bag. "I know we said no gifts, but you got me those flowers and all , so I figured I better get you something." She grabbed my hand and led me to the living room. We both sat on the couch.

"You didn't have to-"

"Oh just open it." She sounded excited, like she was more interested in giving it than anything.

"Alright," I said. I began opening the bag, and I pulled out some sort of fabric rapped in tissue paper.  I tore it open, and unfolded it.

"What do you think?" She asked.

In my hands was a tiny onesie. "Hinata, does this mean what I think it does?"

She nodded and I pulled her into a hug. We stayed up all night talking about my new job, and baby names.
❤️
❤️
❤️
Best Valentine's Day ever.