Untitled Part 1

What was your happiest memory? Most kids would say, " when my parents took me to the amusement park or Christmas morning". "What was your favorite gift that you ever received? Most people, "my bicycle or stuffed teddy bear.

My answers, my happiest memory was my dreams. The best gift my parents could give me solitude.

I was lost in thought writing an essay and then, I heard that voice . The voice that always terrified me. "You worthless piece of trash", I was grabbed by my throat and slammed on the ground. Then I was being dragged by my ponytail. This behaviour started when I turned four, just little things at first him snapping at me then it progressively got worse. My mom said it was because I resembled his mother and his mental state was torn because of what his mother put him through. "I thought I escaped those eyes when that bitch died but now she s living in my daughter?!" "Your not gonna live through my daughter go back to hell bitch!" Before I knew it I was fully submerged in a tub full of ice cold water. I tried to escape his grasp but it was pointless. I opened my eyes and saw my mom trying to get him to stop then she ran out of the room. She wont be able to stop him. I thought. A sense of peace came over me as I accepted my fate. I opened my eyes again and saw my mom hit him with a crowbar. She pulled me up rubbing my back as I was coughing. She turned around and said "I had enough ", before she bludgeon my dad.

A few months later. I don't know what she did with his body and I didn't care. The last few months have been peaceful. We started having picnics every Sunday and Saturday nights she would teach me how to cook. For once things were normal. Of course it didn't last long. We were loading up the car with groceries then I heard my mom gasp. "Give me everything you have" The man said. He was tall, muscular with short light brown hair. My mom gave him her purse. He snatched it from her and started walking away. He stopped and grinned at her he ran back and stabbed her. I screamed before I felt a hard hit to my cheek and everything went black. I woke up on a mattress on the floor. I heard voices so I walked up to the door to listen. "Why the hell would you bring her here?!" The women said. "You know that I'm not into killing cute little girls, besides your always complaining that not enough work gets done in this house. She can help that worthless son of yours." I heard foot steps coming. I gotta get out of here. I tried to open the window it was nailed shut. Tears rolled down my cheeks I fall to my knees. I flinched as I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Don't be scared I won't hurt you" the boy said. I looked up he was about my age he had black hair and his eyes they sucked me in, so beautiful one was brown and the other was gold. "He killed my mom! I just want to go home!" I said. He kneeled down beside me and wrapped his arms around me. "We'll be able to leave one day but until then we gotta be strong" he said. I took a deep breath accepting that this was my new hell. "ok.....what's your name"? I said. He looked at me with his multi-colored eyes and said, "my name is Issac".