~~SEVEN~~

Aelin is the heir of the goddess of the sun. I think my jaw was on the floor it was hanging so open. I can't believe only a few days ago I thought she was a human girl being abused by her fae husband. While she is probably the most powerful  and dangerous individual sitting at this table. And Rhys is the most powerful high Lord in all of history, his power must me nothing to the heir of a goddess.
'It's rude to gawk.' Aelin said as if she were scolding a small child. I closed my mouth and tried to put on a neutral expression. 'Anyway. Tomorrow I'll have someone escort you to a room so you can paint your continent.'
'Why do you need a painting of our continent?' Rhys asked.
'It will make it easier for me to know where exactly to send you.' Aelin said. 'But also because am curious.' She admitted after a moment.
'Aelin hates not knowing anything.' Lysandra added.

The next morning I was taken to the painting room, which is a big room with floor to ceiling windows. A large canvas was prepared for me in the centre of the room with hundreds of paints and brushes on the table beside it. Rhys was allowed to come with me, he sat on a stool near the canvas and watched me as I got to work.
You think we can trust them? I asked through the mating bond as I started to paint.
I don't know. Rhys responded.
She's the heir to the goddess of the sun. I still can't wrap my head around that.
Yeah. I wonder what exactly is her power and if it has limits.
Wait. You think her power might not have limits. Like she could just destroy the whole world without any difficulty?
I couldn't imagine anyone being so powerful...
She has the blood of the goddess in her veins. I think it's possible.
Can't she just send us home then?
I think that's a different kind of magic. Her power most likely lies with the fire she showed us last night. Not opening portals to another world.
'You think they're alright?' I asked out loud this time.
'Off course they are.' Rhys assured me.
'I miss them.' The admission made tears come to my eyes.
'So do I.' Rhys said wrapping his arms around me from behind and holding me tight, I pulled my head back resting it on his shoulder. We stayed like that for a long moment before he moved back to the stool and I went back to painting.

By the time the sun started to go down, I was done with the painting. The doors opened a moment after a set down the paint brush. I turned to see Aelin walking towards us, she was wearing a dress that hugged her curved and looked to be made from what looked like gold. Her golden curls cascaded down her back and she wore a crown of silver and diamonds that was made to resemble branches and a necklace to go with it. In other words she looked absolutely stunning.
'You are a great artist.' Aelin said.
'Thank you.' I gave her a small smile. She returned it with one of her one before turning to Rhys.
'Hello.' She said to him.
'Hello.' Rhys replied, when I glanced at him from the corner of my eye he, like me was staring at the queen. He smile became amused and wicked.
'My husband and I had a fight, nothing serious.' She said. Rhys and I must have looked as confused as I felt because she looked even more amused and tilted her head assessing me. 'You know everything can be a weapon if you know how to use it even clothes. And one of the best ways to win a fight with your husband is to wear something that will make it hard for him to rest you. My husband can barely think when I wear tight dresses in this colour. I have a very short and indecent nightgown for tonight.'
Feel free to do this to me whenever you wish darling. Rhys said through the bond.
'You two really should practice speaking through the bond without others noticing.' Aelin said moving closer towards us, her hips swaying with every step. 'Now tell me about your continent.' She said and Rhys and I did, telling her much more then we agreed on.