The Unloved Child

The night after Can had lunch with Tin, he went home confused about the Ice Prince's statement. Given that Can is a simple-minded guy, he is now confused whether or not Tin insulted or complimented him. He sat down on the floor of their living room trying to figure out what he just heard at the Inter's cafeteria.

Not too soon, Ley joined him and asked what's wrong.

"Lemon, Can I ask you something?" Can rushed beside Ley to help him understand Tin.

"Nope. You like to ask nonsense question. I should spend my time to read something that's more useful". Lemon turning down his older brother's plea.

Lemon is Cantaloupe's younger sister. She's currently in highschool, and is a fan of yaoi. She spends her time reading fan fictions and other bl manga during her free time to avoid interacting with his brother. People often describe her as Can's protector. She's tough, outspoken, and borderly brutal. In short, she's everything that Can isn't.

Can begged Ley to help him understand what's in his mind. He wants her sister to simply what Tin just told him so he could sleep well tonight.

"Lemon, if someone says you're dirty, it's an insult right"? Can asked Ley trying to get a validation that he's thinking the same thing.

"Yes...maybe" Ley, though seemed confused about the strange question, answered her brother right away.

"What about...someone says you're cute. It's a compliment, right"? Can asked again.

"Yes". Ley replied.

"What if a person says you're dirty but cute. What does that mean?"

This question not only made Can confused, but now Lemon as well.

"He probably compliments and insults you at the same time. Lemon came up with this thought given from what she just heard from Can.

After hearing Ley's answer, Can rested his back on the sofa feeling unsatisfied with his sister's answer. He ended the night still confused of Tin and his parting message to him.

Three weeks have passed, Can is free from Tin's sight. Life has been pretty well, and everything is good smooth and steady. Can is walking towards main school cafeteria when he saw Ae and Pond having lunch together. He then remembered what their football Captain told him earlier. So, he rushed towards their table to spill the good news".

"Ae! Let's have dinner together. P'Noh told us that he'll be treating every freshmen member tonight. It's a once-in-a-blue-moon event, we shouldn't miss this one out". Can excitedly told Ae the news.

"Seriously Can, how can you breathe while talking that fast? Hearing you talk makes me tired." Pond said while listening to Can.

Pond is Ae's childhood friend and a classmate from the Engineering Department. They've been together for the longest time just like Pete and Tin. Also, Pond is a very liberated guy who has an unexplainable love for porn. He never misses a day without watching outrageous clips from his favorite pornstar.

"I'm quite busy today, Can. I won't make it tonight". Ae answered Can.

However, knowing his childish attitude, Can sat beside Ae and hugged him. He begged him to join him tonight because free food is the best thing in his world.

"No one can change his mind. Because tonight is the night". Pond playfully teases Ae. However in the naive Can will not understand what's going on.

"Tonight is the first night that Pete will transfer into his new apartment". Pond added.

Ae got irritated with Pond and his nonstop blabbing about his relationship with Pete. He decided to leave him with Can sitting at the Cafeteria.

After spending sometime catching up with Pond, Can decided to go quickly check the field to ask Good and see if he can join him later. Techno saw Can approaching the dug-out just in time to get water for the other players.