Prologue

A/N: Hey there! I want to put out a disclaimer before you continue! If any of following upset you in any way at all, this story may not be for you.

-Murder/Death
-Kidnapping
-Blood
-Guns/Weapons

I will add triggers for each chapter, but here's a bit of what to expect. With that being said, I hope that you enjoy this chapter!

Start of Chapter

"Raymond, I need you to promise me something." Even with zip ties around her wrists and chains keeping her from moving even an inch from where she had been pushed down, his mother still had a quiet, calm and comforting tone in her voice. She wore a small smile, almost pridefully as she gazed down at her son. He was also in chains and ties, but his face was frantic and tearstained. He was only a kid, had no clue what was going on. Everything looked fuzzy and distant, but his other senses told him his eyes were playing tricks on him. He wanted desperately to believe he was hallucinating, he wanted to leave, wanted this to be just a gruesome nightmare. He would wake up in his messy room and chuckle about it, would reassure himself no such thing would ever happen, not to his family. Something like this could never happen to him. Though he knew it was real, and he hated it. Hated that he couldn't make it stop. He listened carefully even while his mind was racing, he knew anything his mother said would be important. He knew it would draw him back to reality and out of his panicked state, even if just for a moment.

"Promise me you'll find a way out. This building has three floors; I think we're on the second one. It's too high to jump from here, you have to find the stairs. They keep outfits in trunks on this floor, and if you can find one you need to try and blend in. Be safe." The boy nodded, listening cautiously to every word his mother told him. "Take this," She said with a sigh, bending backwards and fumbling with her bound hands for a moment. Eventually she pulled a gun from her boot and dropped it onto the ground, kicking it toward Raymond. His eyes went wide at the sight of the weapon. "They were too stupid to search me." She chuckled lightheartedly, faking amusement in her voice. Maybe it was meant to comfort her son, but it only made him feel sick, made his stomach do flips and tricks as invisible vomit wadded up in his throat. "I hope you won't need it, but just in case. I know you're so much smarter than them. You can make it out of here. Get home, and tell your father you need to get out of the city." She said, her smile never leaving her face.

Raymond's expression fell blank. They both knew what he was thinking, what he wanted to ask. But he was too afraid of the answer to voice the nagging question. Maybe it was a mother's intuition that detected it, or maybe just blind luck that she addressed it. Either way, his mother spoke again, her gaze drifting away, somewhat peacefully. "It's too late for me. We can't both make it out. They have too many people on watch tonight." She sighed and shifted in her chair, doing her best to scoot closer to Raymond. "They don't want you. You weren't supposed to be here, baby. You have to get out." She said, a more serious demeanor taking over her.

She motioned for Raymond to come closer, so he did. He wasn't bound nearly as tight as she had been, so he was at liberty to move an odd ways away from his chains and ties. Once he was close enough, his mother motioned for her necklace. It was mostly hidden underneath her cardigan, but Raymond knew what it was. It had blades on it, something his dad had made several years ago in some sort of crafting class that Raymond had never bothered to ask about. It was one of the only gifts he had seen his dad give to his mother, claiming he didn't need to buy her jewelry or diamonds to find her love and something like that necklace would be a good enough gift. A typical clique that Raymond always disliked, but one he was thankful for now.

His mother always wore it when they went out, just never tried to draw attention to it. It was long, the blades weaved messily around a silver chain, and significantly sharper than they appeared to be. Sharp enough to cut through zip ties. Raymond stood as best he could, though it ended up being more of a crouch due to his binds keeping him so close to the floor. He struggled to reach the necklace for a brief moment before sitting on his knees and glancing around for anything that could help him loosen the chains around his legs, even giving them a pointless yank a time or two. With a heavy sigh, he looked to the metal pipe he was bound to. The chains were too tangled and knotted to break, and even if he could do it with his hands, they were too high from his reach.