CHAPTER 19

Edric was sitting in an important meeting with some other Alpha's. He had informed them about Kelson, and that he was probably leading the band of rogues when he suddenly dropped to his knees, a great pain ripping through his gut. He gasped and swore.

Something had happened to Jillian again.
Emerson and Warren were by his side.

"Alpha," Emerson said,

"What's wrong?"

"Jillian," he moaned.

"Crap," Emerson said, “not again.”

He helped haul the Alpha to his feet.

His face was extremely pale, and his nose was bleeding.

"We need to leave, now," Edric said.

The men nodded. The others in the room knew how it was when their mate was hurt. They watched in concern as his men helped him out.
Jillian groaned in agony as she came to. She looked around her. She was still in the limo.

Its side was crushed into a building. She saw several people running to them. She looked at Orson. He was out cold, his face cut and bleeding, she couldn't get up to see how Wes was, because a great pain ripped through her, making her gasp, and suddenly she was bleeding all over. She moaned in pain, as a door was ripped off its hinges.

"Hold on Luna, help is on the way," she heard, and then she gave in to the blackness calling her name again.

When she woke up, she found herself hooked up to several machines, a saline drip, and blood. She groaned in pain, but then it started to ease up. She sighed, wondering what had happened.

Her door opened and Dr. Hess walked in. He was pale.

"Luna," he said.

"Orson, and Wes?" she asked, “how are they?”

"They will be okay, just some cuts, but you on the other hand."

"What?" she whispered.

He smiled sadly at her. "You lost the baby. When the car hit the limo, you were thrown and the impact killed your baby," he whispered.

Jillian began to cry. "Where is Edric?"

"Flying back as we speak. He will be here as soon as he can. He knew you were injured, so left as soon as he could. He should be here soon.”

She nodded, tears streaming down her face.

"I am sorry Luna," he said.

"I am keeping you here for a few days. You lost a lot of blood, and I have a counselor who is here if you need to talk to her." He again smiled sadly at her and walked out.

Carla walked in then, her face pale, tears in her eyes. She walked over to Jillian and hugged her softly.

"The baby," Jillian sobbed.

"I know," Carla whispered sadly.

"The Doctor told me. I am so sorry Jillian."

"What is Edric going to say?" Jillian cried.

"He so wanted a baby."

"You will have more," Carla assured her.

"Oh Carla, I feel devastated."

"I am sure you do," Carla said.

"I feel devastated for you."

"Did they catch who hit us?"

Carla nodded. "It was Jarem. He admitted to hitting the limo on purpose." Jillian gasped.

"He threatened me at school today."