Chapter One.

We were finally here, we were finally at the week long festival that id been saving for, for months! I came with my two best friends Penny and Robbie. We’ve known each other since high school and now were taking on over seas festivals. Well it wasn’t that far from home.

Were from Australia and this festival is in New Zealand but still it’s a step closer to bigger festivals wed be attending over seas for sure!

My heart started to race faster as we received our bracelets to go into our campground Chalet.

“Holy shit I’m excited” Penny said as we walked our luggage of tents, camper chairs and bags towards the entrance.

“Same. I just want to drink already” Robbie said looking at the carton of alcohol in my hands, I couldn’t help but laugh at them both, normally I’m the loud, party girl but I was so exhausted from the flight I couldn’t say a thing.

I had a quick scope of the set up and they’ve done really well for a festival that will go for 6 days. They’ve closed the whole street off and its lined up with all kinds of foods, Chinese, classic burgers, café stalls, fish and chip stalls and even sushi. To the right there’s the beautiful beach with crystal blue water and to the left you have the fenced up tent areas. My excitement got more real as we got let in with our wristbands and we headed for our campground.

“Alright where should we set up” I say as we enter the fenced campground, its pretty full but there’s still some areas left. I find the perfect spot almost at the front of the entrance “How about here” I run up to it and throw our things on the ground.

“Hey, hey! Be careful of our $5 camping chairs please, they cost a fortune and need to last a week” Robbie says mimicking a bogan accent Penny and I burst out laughing and start to set up.

“Right, id say gazebo in the middle, and then boom boom boom our tents go there” Penny says pointing at all the open space for the tents so we can make the gazebo sort of like our main room of the ‘house’

“That’s why we brought you here Penny, you know what your on about” I say nudging her, making her serious face turn into a more relaxed one as she stares at our new home for the next week “It’s beautiful” I say stepping back a bit and taking in our new home.

“DUCK” I hear a voice from afar and don’t realise there’s a ball coming towards my head, its too fast for me to catch so I just let it hit me fair in the face. Great start.

“I’m so sorry” a British accent says to me as I pick the ball up “I did say duck you know” I look up to see a very tall, pale blonde haired guy glancing at me. “Shit that’s a bad mark, come to our tent and get some ice, I might even shout you a drink”

“Yeah maybe. Thanks” I say rubbing my head, my eyes follow him to his tent and he throws the ball to three other guys, they all look over and quickly look away when I see them looking. “Jerks” I say under my breath

“Are you alright babe?” Penny says checking my mark “oh that’s a bad one. Do they have ice?”

“Yeah but they seem like pathetic people so can we ask somewhere else maybe?” I say looking around but everyone seems to drink their alcohol warm here

“But there cute” Robbie says. Of course shed say that she jumps at any male really.

“There cute, but they attack” I say pointing to my red mark, making them laugh. “Alright fine, lets just go over there. Ill take a few drinks to lighten the mood” I grab some of my drinks and we head over to the boys tent. Once we reach it there all sitting on their cheap seats as well, listening to some odd band that I wouldn’t expect to hear at a festival like this

“What is this music?” I ask them curiously as I pull up a chair, and grab ice at the same time.

“You me at six. There a pretty cool band” One of the guys says turning the music down “I’m Connor by the way and you guys are?”

“I’m Kerri, that’s Penny and Robbie” I say pointing to the girls they give him a smile and wave

“Wicked, well that’s James and Tristan and.. Where’s brad?” he says looking around “Brads the one that accidently hit you by the way” he laughs and shakes his head

“What’s so funny about nearly injuring a girl?” I say in all seriousness, but quietly joking.

His face goes completely serious “i-im so sorry Kerri. I didn’t mean it like that i-”

I can’t help but burst into laughter, the girls follow along knowing me too well that I like to worry people.

“Okay, okay you got me” he says laughing

I scope their gazebo and they’ve done a neat job, they tied three gazebos together and added their tents sort of like ours, they have a white table in the middle and I notice a few red cups.

“Beer pong anyone?” I say getting up and grabbing the cups. Everyone falls silent “what?”

“I’m in” an unrecognizable voice says behind me, I turn around to a grinning boy my height and guess that I’m looking at who might be Brad.