My Brother

My name is Annalise Michels. My story begins when I was about 5. I started having strange dreams after my friend's dad passed away. I could see him, speak to him. He often gave me messages for her, and I gladly took them to her. Ella has been one of my two best friends since preschool. Now we're 16. My two best friends are Ella Myjers and Chloe Ristma. When I was 7, I often had dreams about Ella's dad and Chloe's Granddad. Then everything changed with the car accident. A drunk driver started merging while we were right there, and crashed into us. My brother had thrown himself in front of me, trying to keep me from being hurt. He gave his life up for mine. He was an eleven year old, and dead. I don't remember the funeral that well, I can only remember Ella hugging me close to her. Chloe couldn't be there because she was in Europe. She begged her parents to let her fly back so she could be there for me at the funeral, but they said no. They didn't trust a 7 year old alone at an airport. Ella and I totally understood, but we've been a little closer then Chloe was. I was hoping to start having dreams about him, but nothing. I went to a more experienced Medium, my neighbor, and they said that they hadn't seen anything either. They said that sometimes the spirit gets lost and can't find anyone to talk to. That made everything seem like it was in slow motion. I needed to speak to my brother.