Chapter 13- Terror Rogues

Song: Keshi- onoffon

~Irene Blair~

It turned out that the rogue, Riley, was Lemon's mate. Zachariah and I let her go but she was still under observation just in case and Lemon also agreed with us.

Zach was fumbling through his files and clicking away on his computer. I was curious to what he was doing since we sorted the other Pack situations and Riley's one too.

I stopped reading my book and walked over to him. He tensed up.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm trying to look for someone," He said in my head. "This person might know something about the Black terror rogues. He's a bio-chemistry scientist who I helped once when I was training to be Alpha with Aaron," That's interesting.

"How would he know about them?" I asked curiously.

"His father developed wolfsbane after finding out that werewolves exist. But Teddy somehow created a formula to turn wolfsbane into a healing medicine. I don't know a lot about it since he didn't reveal much but, hopefully he'll help me with the rogue situation, since his dad was in contact with them once and actually survived." Wow I never knew Zach had friends... I should start calling him by his nickname more often. 

I chuckled to myself and he raised his eyebrows.

I shook my head, "Anyways, about this 'Teddy' person, do you need any help finding him?" I asked.

"Yes please, if you don't mind, I was trying to find him on FB but there's no luck," I rolled my eyes. Who has FB these days? No offence (sorry to millennials in this world.) 

I moved closer to him holding his hand over the mouse. I noticed his ears turning red. Cute. He removed his hand under mine and leaned back.

After a few minutes of me looking for Teddy he put his hand on top of mine stopping me.

"That's him! You found him, thank you," I couldn't help the heat creeping on my face, he touched my hand unknowingly, yet I feel like my hearts on fire even though I did the same to him.  

"you're welcome. I'm going to go now. See ya later," I mumbled and left his office.

The past few days of us working really opened a sight to the near future of us leading the Pack together. I liked how he was able to trust me with the information about Teddy, he revealed a bit more about himself which made me glad since it was a change I was looking forward too and he was opening up to me more.

I wonder if I could forgive him? I know that it was his wolf but is that only an excuse? How many times would he blame his wolf for it if something similar happens again? What can I do to help him? I also know that he's hiding more things from me but I have to wait for him to open up until he's comfortable with me knowing.

What's the point of being the Luna if I know that I can't use my strength against him? The constant fear of expecting him to lose control and then eventually kill me, scares me. He terrifies me because of his wolf but I still care about him and this time I can't even blame the mate bond.

Oh Zachariah... Why are you always invading my mind and stressing me out?

At least he's giving me space and respecting my boundaries.