Aerophobia

Have you ever been on an airplane? I would guess you have. Whether it be for vacations or business or whatever have you. Everyone has at least seen an airplane. From the ground you hear the distinct sound of an airplane approaching. It can be a very cool sight. Looking up and seeing a flying object thousands of feet above you. And riding one can be fun, too-- well, not if you have aerophobia, anxiety, and a bit of paranoia. It's my first time traveling on a plane alone. Having all of those things doesn't make it better either. The safety precautions are being shown right now. You think it could help put your mind to ease knowing there's a safety plan but I can't help but feeling stressed out. It was my idea to leave home. Chicago isn't for me anymore. The food, the city life, the people... Especially the people. I can't stand being here anymore. I have no choice but to remove myself from everyone and everything. I'm not going to throw a fit just because my fiancé of 4 years leaves for some blonde he's gonna make his trophy wife. So Michigan, here I come. 

     Before I know it, the airplane speeds ahead. I clutch my armrest to my left. I press my head hardy against the window next to me. It's about 8 PM and dark out. The stars aren't even shining. The airplane is basically empty; Or it feels so. That doesn't make my phobia any better. As the plane lifts off, I fight the feeling of nausea and shut my eyes so tightly I'm sure it would hurt to reopen them. The plane was my last resort. I would've driven if it weren't for my stupid ex. I never had a car of my own, I can't and couldn't afford it. So I'll deal with this for now. It'll be over in a matter of hours. I hold my breath and wait for this to end. 

Aerophobia : Fear of airplanes or flying