Three Things to Consider While Purchasing Water Purifiers

Buying a water purifier is the best way to ensure that you have a supply of healthy and clean water that is free from any microbes or other contaminants. There are different categories of water contaminants, for which different types of water purifiers are available. Read this article to know about the things that you need to consider when purchasing water purifiers.

Contamination of water is one of the most serious concerns that plague us today, as it can lead to severe health issues. Water contamination can occur naturally or be caused due to human activities. It is very important to ensure that your drinking water is free from contaminants and to do the same, you should consider buying a water purifier. Today, you can buy a water purifier online and choose from a range of products that come equipped with different operating technologies and features to help make water safe for consumption. However, there are a few factors that you should keep in mind when you want to buy a water purifier water filter online:

Things to Consider Before Buying a Water Purifier - 

Test the quality of your water supply 

One of the most important factors that one needs to consider while buying a water purifier is testing the quality of your water supply. The one-size-fits-all formula doesn't work when it comes to water purifiers as different types of technologies are available to deal with different types of contaminants. Once you get the water tested, you will be able to decide which technology (like RO, UV, IR, etc.) or a combination of technologies will be best suited to purify the water. Also, before you decide to buy a particular product, make sure you put in some research about the company, their after-sales services, etc. Once the product arrives, test the water quality again and if it is not satisfactory, get it replaced. It can be a little complicated, but the result will be worth it.

How frequently do the filters need to be changed?

The working of water purifiers is very simple and regardless of the technology it uses, involves one or the other kind of filter that is used to purify the water. The filters of a purifier do most of the heavy work because of which they can get clogged after a certain time. When the filters are clogged, they lose their efficiency in purifying water, which is why cleaning and changing filters regularly is important. For any particular water purifier, you can check how frequently you need to change the water filter online. Also, ensure that you consider the price of the filters when you plan a budget for buying a water purifier.

 Storage Capacity of the Water Purifier

Another important thing that you should consider when buying a water purifier is its size. If you are purchasing the purifier for solo use, then a regular size purifier should be enough; if you are buying it for the family, then a medium or similar size should suffice. However, this also depends on the amount of water you and your family drink on average.

Categories of Water Contamination

Given below are the main categories of water contamination that you should know about-

Biological contamination: This occurs when there is the presence of microbes like bacteria, protozoan, viruses, and parasites in the water.

Chemical: This is man-made contamination that can occur due to the presence of salts, pesticides, bleach, and so on in the water.

Another category of water contamination is physical contamination that mainly refers to the presence of sediments and organic materials are suspended in the water. Physical contamination affects the appearance of the water. With these tips in mind, you can buy the best water purifier for yourself and your loved ones.