Chapter Two:No wrong

~Shoto's P.O.V~

"Are you ok your majesty?" I shook my head gently as my guards ascorted me to safety. I noticed Natsuo come out his room and approached me. "Hey bud what's happened now, another assination?" He was saying it in a sarcastic manner since there had been many in the past. "Actually that would be correct ,sadly I was saved." I mumbled gently hoping he didn't hear the last part. "Really who was it?" I shrugged we were back deep into the palace near my chamber ,then I grew curious. At first I wasn't really thinking about Natsuo's words but now I also wanted to know. "I have an order." I said to one of the guards they all stopped what they were doing to put there attention on me. "If you catch the human who caused this I would like to see him ,myself. Alive." They nodded and I finally walked into my chambers the guards closing the doors behind me. Whoever tried to kill me was very skilled they almost actually ended my life.

Was I afraid? No I was ready ,I had been ready since my father told me to take his place as emperor out of all of my siblings ,but I was the golden child out of all of us. And I hated it ,I hated this let along being cursed to only being able to live on blood. Life I had already lived ,and what I was in now currently was hell. About an hour or so later there was a knock on my door and my guards told me that they had him captive. We walked a long way down into the dungeons but eventually made it to him . It was cold down here just as I liked it ,there were bats on the ceiling and rats here and there. We had approached a cell almost in the middle of the jail. I looked through the ridged old bars to see a boy ,well I was hundreds of years old but in everyone else's eyes I probably looked about his age. He had frail skin ,and beautiful freckles ,his hair was dark green, mid length, and fluffy. "I want a closer look." The guard quickly went to work unlocking the cell door ,I squatted down beside him and noticed bags under his eyes ,his body shape looked quite masculine. I could since something from him a distance of dispare or sarrow ,loss. Why would someone like you have a reason to kill me?

I wiped a single tear away from his face as he began to toss and turn. I got up walking out of the cell as the guard that accompanied me locked the cell and followed after me. "Emperor what would you propose we do with him?" The question obvious ,we were supposed to just kill him in the towns square ,set an example. But this person I wanted to know why ,why was his arrow so pracise ,why he wanted an arrow through my head ,why? I shook my head with a light chuckle. "Clean him ,dress him up ,make him look nice. And escort him to my chambers by sunset." My guard stayed silent for a moment I could tell he was confused ,"Yes of course sir." He then was off. Perhaps I am going crazy?....... "So shoto where is the boy?" My brothers voice interupted my thoughts and peaceful silence of the hallway. "He's still asleep." I glanced at him and I could see that he was ready to kill the boy ,and I obviously ruined that for him.

"So? What will you do with him?" The question was another obvious one coming. "I'm going to clean him." He stood in front of me stoping me from walking as I stared at him. "He tried to kill you." Folding my hands neatly behind my back I gave him a light smile ,"I know......" Continuing to walk past him, he followed behind with low growls ,"Not everyone walks around with vegence in there heart like you big brother ,I just think the events of today was rather interesting." I tried to make him feel a little better while putting a hand on his shoulder but he shoved it off. "So what? Your gonna use him as food." His enthusiasm annoyed me slightly so I stayed silent to avoid an argument. "One of these days someone won't miss ,and you'll die." He grumble under his breath while stomping away ,"I'm counting on it. " I comlied with sinereity while continuing my walk in silence.

When I made it back to my chambers ,dinner had already been set up on the huge silver table that was set in my room. I smelled animal blood from the wine glass that was set up with the food. I hadn't drunk blood in the last three months ,I couldn't stand doing it. I didn't like hurting people for my own good ,but I was dying slowly , starving. I grabbed the cup hesitately trying to control my thirst as I took a swift sip from the glass. My stomach began to hurt as neasea came over me ,I dropped the glass gripping my stomach in pain and falling to the floor. I laid there for a moment ,then dragged myself to my bed ,pulling myself up into it. I laid there breathing heavily ,before taking off my robes and untying my hair. I'm so tired ,uh how long will I last ,perhaps another three weeks. Hopefully I'll die sooner than later.......

I was soon sound asleep my thoughts making me even more exhausted. When I was awaken again ,there was knocking at my door. Sitting up slowly I sat at my bed side while noticing that I was cleaned up ,and the glass that had shattered on the ground was gone as well. "Come in." I anounced with a light sigh. My chamber doors squeaked as they were opened ,I heard the clanking of armer and chains catching my attention as I looked up. They were bringing my prisoner in ,he walked with his head low letting his hair fall in his face. Four guards escorted him in and soon after left us ,alone. I stared at him before getting up ,"Are you hungry?"

I asked but I didn't put in effort in trying to sound nice ,just used my normal voice. I stared down at my lap waiting for his response. But unsurprisingly there was nothing but silence. I got up and approached him ,he flinched at my sudden decision. "May I?" I asked gently taking a pin that held up my hair. Letting the rest of my hair fall over my shoulders ,I picked the locks to the shackles. "They don't allow me to have the key to these cuff's , because I do things like this..... You see in this place the word trust is not in anyone's vocabulary." I took off the caller around his neck being the last thing to unlock. He now stared up at me in disbelief ,his eyes were alluring ,like two emeralds. They were big and full of wonder ,pain ,and adventure like a child that was new to the world.

Then there was distrust ,I quickly backed away from him so that he wouldn't be as nervous. "Eat.... Please." He walked towards the table full of foods and desserts. "Are you going to poison me?" His voice was also as adorable as him ,maybe I just haven't been around a human in a long while ,but he was just precious. I stayed silent opening a drawer to my dresser and pulling out a small knife ,then walked towards the table and put it down in front of him. "Are you going to kill me?" I stared down at the dagger and he stared at me ,I could tell he was confused. "See the law is anyone that committs an act of treason must be exacuted......" I walked back to my bedside sitting down in the same spot.

"I only stopped them from killing you so that I could know why? But now........ You can leave."