Prologue

Wellsbury. Breath it in Sage Miller. The rich white people walking around without a care in the world. The gardens nice and well kept. Oh and the houses, my god! Definitely something I could get used to.

'You shouldn't tho. You know that.'

Oh yeah that's the current words of the little voice in my head. Not in a schizophrenic way. Rather just a way for me to properly communicate the most important thoughts into my head to ensure they stick in my mind. I don't always trust myself to get the message across properly.

And why shouldn't I get used to it you might ask? Well because of my mother of course. Moving is a regular thing for us. Never staying somewhere for more than a couple years due to my moms tendency to flee from all problems instead of having to face them. But now we are in sweet little Wellsbury, and I feel different about this place. Maybe we will stay here for three years instead of one or two. Yupee...

But anyways you might be wondering who the hell I am. Well...

My name is Sage Miller, I am 16 and a junior in high school, and indeed an extravert - I mean how else did you expect me to survive 5+ different schools. I like dancing, skateboarding and boys. Oh yeah the most important thing to take from all that was the boys part. I've never actually had a boyfriend... just meaningless make out sessions with people I'll never meet again... because why not? Oh and no sex! Not yet at least.

'Why no relationships Sage, you seem like a decent person you would be up to new things.'

Well my mom was 15 when she had me, and never really had a long term healthy relationship, so love just didn't seem like it was worth the effort. But like hey, how scary can a connection like that be?

Oh... If only you knew Sage Miller.