Kei Shirogane Wants to Unwind, Part 3

Notes:

Announcements are detailed at my profile, please check it out after finishing this chapter!Sorry for the late upload, problems arose over the weekend, but at least I got the time to sneak this one in.All reviews are gladly accepted!Enjoy!

!__________!

"I-I'm sorry, wait, now?" Isogai asked in disbelief. Shifting his gaze between Kei and Korosensei. What did Korosensei tell her?!

Kei hands Isogai the bag of clothes, "don't worry, I won't take more than five minutes. Here. What do you think of these? And are you an only child?"

Isogai puts the tray aside and looks into the bag, "No, I have a younger brother and a younger sister, both still in elementary. And this combination..."

Kei nods, followed by asking, "what about your parents?"

"My mother is still recovering from her sickness, which is why I'm working extra hard right now," Isogai states confidently, "and my father isn't around anymore, so I have to be the man of the house."

He then examines the clothes, "the jacket's body is a slim fit and a little bit shorter, but the sleeves are about the right length. Interesting color choice to contrast the black joggers, most people would go for flashier ones like light blue or yellow. It's easy on the eye overall."

Not bad with the opinion on clothes, but what's with his father? Could it be... Kei observes.

Meanwhile, Isogai is pondering on the clothes he's asked to check, these are men's clothes too... I wonder why she has this, what kind of person is Miyuki Shirogane-san?

She decides to give a little tangent, "I see. You can return the clothes now. Also, it's fine, I won't press on with your family, the same happened to mine with my mother."

She came to an assumption.

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that, it must be rough with her leaving you all alone. I won't ask how she died, guess we both gotta keep it tough to survive, huh?" Isogai smiles apologetically as he bags the clothes and hands it back to Kei.

Kei's pose stiffened for an instant, wait... she isn't... that wasn't... Wait, does this mean his father didn't ditch them but... Died?

Isogai accidentally flipped the tables.

"Y-Yeah..." Kei could barely cough it out as she gets the bag back, I have to clear it up without sounding like a jerk somehow.

"W-well... It's not like she actually is, but she may as well be as seven years have passed since I last saw her..." Kei shrugs, then just looks out the window as she continues, her shoulders observably lowered compared to a while ago since the beginning of the assessment, "especially me since... I ran away from her shortly after she left my dad and my brother..."