Chapter 6: Marella

"Mom?" Marella yelled, wandering outside to the balcony. "Where are you? Are you okay?" Then she looked down and screamed.

                                                                ***

Marella sat on a chair next to her mother's bed. Tears stained her face.

"Is she going to be okay?" Marella asked, staring up at Elwin. Please, please, she has to be okay. Marella thought, willing it to be true. I need her to be okay.

Elwin pulled up a chair and sat down next to her. "Physically, she should be okay after a few weeks of bedrest."

Marella turned to face him. "There's a 'but' coming, isn't there?" 

Elwin hesitated before taking a deep breath. "I have her sedated for now but... she was hurt pretty bad Marella. There's a chance..."

"What?" Marella asked, feeling the tears coming to her face. "What?" she asked again when he still hesitated.

"There's a chance she'll be... different." Marella sobbed as the tears came back hard. Elwin took her hand. "It's going to be okay. We don't know if this is permanent or if this is correct. We don't know any of this for sure."

"She's... not... going to be the same!" Marella cried. 

And then Marella's father walked in. 

"Marella?" he asked, worried. "What's wrong? Is your mom doing okay?" Elwin explained the situation. Marella had never seen her father cry before. It was horrible. So she ran into her father's arms and they clung to each other, crying together.

Hi, so it's a really really short chapter so... sorry about that. Bye!