A New Beginning

Alexandra's POV

It was cold, and there was this continuous beeping that was making my throbbing headache worse. As I slowly opened my eyes I try to remember what happened. When I noticed guaze that's been tightly wrapped around my wrist the memories come flooding back.

We were screaming at each other again, but this time it was different. She said something that went straight to my core and hurt me more than anything she's ever done before. I ran to the bathroom and cried harder than I have in a long time.
"Um.. Hey.. Are you okay?"

The voice took me out of my flashback and startled, I looked up to find a small, thin girl with a cautious smile on her face.

"Who me? Yeah I'm fine. I'm Alexandra, but most people just call me Alex," I said with a smile as I extended my hand.

Her smile grew as she stuck out her hand to shake mine, "I'm Emma, it's nice to meet you. I guess we're going to be roommates for a while huh?"

Suddenly very tired, I nodded in response. Noticing this, Emma smiled again and began walking out. Stopping in the doorway, she turned and said, "Once you've rested enough, there's some people I want to introduce you to, I'm sure they'll like you. We're getting a group together, and I think you'd be perfect." Then she walked out.

As I drifted off, I couldn't help but feel much safer here. With a warm feeling in my heart that I hadn't felt in a long time, I fell asleep.

.............................................................................

First installment! If y'all liked it please rate and comment!! Thank you so much