Chapter 5

Takanori's POV 

Today was the set date for the jury to decide my fate. I am kinda scared now because as I once thought before this country is known for severe punishment for murderers. The guard opened up the heavy steel door and let me out. My hands were still equally as sore as the rest of my body. We passed many different guards and each of them had a wicked smile plastered on their faces as I passed by. Once we got outside there was an escort car waiting outside of the front door of the sheriff's office. I was practically thrown into the car. It took fifteen minutes for us to arrive at the court building and I was growing more nervous by the moment. As soon as I was pulled out of the car, I was stormed by cameras and microphones. I heard so many questions my brain couldn't register even one. However, I avoided looking up at anyone.

     When entering court, I noticed more people, of course none of which are in favor of defending me. Each of them were probably the families of the people I killed. They all had shirts on saying stuff such as 'Make him suffer' or 'don't let it walk free'.  Everyone was booing and screaming all types of profanity at me some throwing things but did the guards do anything to help me? No.

"All rise" the judge said. I stood feeling a large number of eyes on me.

"We will now hear the case." The district attorney said. The defending side's lawyer stood. He was a tall barrel chested guy who more like a bodybuilder than a lawyer.

"We are here today to determine whether this conniving murderer walks free or is sent away for the multiple homicide of class 6-A. I am defending the 6 eyewitnesses of the crime." He quoted in a somewhat threatening tone. I don't think I'm screwed I know I'm screwed. I have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that's how scared I am right now. They talked for about an hour before the witnesses testified.

"Mr. Takanori one question before the we bring out witnesses." The judge asked silencing the court. "What exactly are you? You surely are not human."

'What am I." I giggled. "I am but an amazingly powerful human being."

"Answer my question, child, what... Are... You?

"An umbra witch/warlock whatever you want to call me. I don't need to give anymore info now, do I" I answered smugly.

Everyone in the stands proceeded to boo me and throw things again. Witnesses were called to the stand, each said the same "He should feel the same thing we did when I/we witnessed our own classmates murdered right in front of our/my face/faces. That witch over there will suffer somehow, even if it is by my/our own hand". One of the survivors caught my eye. He was the one that lived near my house. He was drop dead gorgeous, but I know he hates me so why try to talk to him. The jury and judge left the room to decide the jurisdiction. I got a lot of harassing comments from the onlookers in the seats behind me. Something hard hit me in the back. I turned only a little to see that someone had thrown a bible at me. I even heard the possible person who threw the book at me scream 'You need Jesus'. After hours of listening to the harassment of those people, and quite possibly a bruised vertebra, the jury returned from their almost 5 hour deliberation.

"We have decided his punishment," one juror said.

"I'm fucked," I said under my breath.

"Takanori Matsumoto, 16 years of age, you plead guilty 9 counts of 2nd degree murder of the students in 6-a, witchcraft, torture, resisting arrest, and assault on a police officer. You will be sentenced to death by way of lethal injection. And as an alternative to this, being that you aren't human, 1 year of severe torture for each person. Which adds up to be 9 years of torture. Along with 1 year on house arrest, and 3 years of parole." The judge said. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE cheered except for me. The guy who lived on my street came over to me and just straight up punched me in the face. I stared at him as apparently his girlfriend patted him on the back.

"That was for Ayushi. But you still have way more coming for you." he said. My tears threatened to fall but I didn't let my feelings get to me. I stared at him directly in the eyes. His face showed satisfaction with what he just did. The guards led me away and off to the place I'll be visiting. This might be the longest 9 years of my life.

As soon as I got there, they injected me with the so-called "lethal poison" literally they went with the alternative punishment almost instantly. Though afterward my body felt slightly weak from the poison. Fuck this is going to be absolutely awful. I was escorted in by a seemingly kind man who led us into the large, grey building. We passed up a few lounges while heading down a seemingly endless white hallway until we came to an elevator when the door closed he entered into random numbers and the elevator went down. To the floor leveled B3.

"Ah, here we are your new home. This is where you will be for the next nine years. Fun right? The rules for you new home are simple: 

1) if you try to escape we'll know and it will result in 2-3 weeks with no meals 2) we have very powerful forces on our side fighting back will kill you 

3) if you are raped, which I might or might not during your time here, don't complain. No one participating will care about your well being and mental health.

 4) anything we think you do wrong will be a good clean 1-2 day absolutely brutal super-mega-awesome-fun for us but not for you torture/ experimental session while we starve you some more. We don't do this very often so your the lucky 1st customer. 

And lastly 5: daily beatings begin at 5:00 am and end at 12:00 am you get a good 5 hours of sleep. Never oversleep unless you want to deal with our "more powerful force" he seems excited for our new guest." The apparent leader of some sort said sporting a happy-go-lucky expression. 

Fuck this is going to really deplete my mental. But hey at least it beats a couple 100 years wasted in a jail cell.

~the Next Day~

Today is my first day here and I must say it's really cold and uncomfortable. And from the only bit of furniture, an analog clock illuminated only by the light from the hallway, that its only 2 hours until I actually am tortured. 

This going to be one hell of a day.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-