𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗜𝗦

PRECIS

PRECIS

THE DODICI PILASTRI, THE MOST POWERFUL MAFIA IN THE WORLD.

It was as powerful as it was secret, only believed to be an urban legend; the name of the mafia weaved within stories and legends and in talks between the common croud. The Dodici Pilastri controlled the most powerful mafias in the world— the Ndrangheta, La eMe, The Mob, The Puerto Rican Mafia— all under the control of twelve families, the Dodici Pilastri. The Twelve Pillars.

The Port Mafia, Yokohama city's most powerful mafia. It's worth was nothing compared to the Dodici Pilastri, but a useful asset once Vincenzo Morabito's beady, black eyes landed on its name and achievements.

She lit a cigarette, hands shaking like the way the air trembles slightly after long organ notes. The minutes stretched long, like a rubber band stretched beyond its limits and not snapping and falling apart. She didn't glance over to her grandfather who walked in through the door, a few seconds later than he was supposed to, which was very unlikely of him. His gaze met everyone else's as a silent greeting as he took his seat at the round table. His eyes scanned the faces of the people sitting at the table, parting his wrinkled lips to speak, "First order of business," he uttered, looking at the woman sitting across him.

Alicia's pale lips spread into a thin smile, only embodying the woman's crafty demeanor. "I have 3,600 pounds of cocaine being transported to the States as we speak, Don."

Vincenzo didn't acknowledge the achievement, instead going straight to the topic he had initially called the meeting for. "Last week, the Port Mafia's Silencio was caught, as you know," he nodded in everyone's direction, "and had only been recently promoted to Saldados."

She listened intently, crossing her right leg over her left under the oak table. Two months ago, the Port Mafia's boss, Mori Ougai had come upon asking all the way to Puerto Rico, only to refuse the deal Vincenzo had offered of working with the Dodici Pilastri instead of under them. Mori, became suspicious of the Don's offer and sent a Silencio into the organization.

"With all due respect, Señor Don," cut in Eduaro, his voice low, like a hum in the air, "that is not our problem. Los Silencio had infiltrated your familia,"

"True," she cut in, blowing smoke past her lips and looking deep into Eduaro's blue eyes and watching as the corners of his lips turned downward into a scowl, "but our familia is your familia, si, Señor Pérez?"

Holding his gaze, still, she said, "If one family is compromised, do you not think the other eleven families would be too?"

Vincenzo held up a hand, keeping the conversation from going a few million miles downhill like he foresaw it would. "We must not quarrel amongst ourselves now," he said, glancing at his granddaughter, noticing how slightly her jaw clenched before she leaned back into her chair and took a drag out of her cigarette.

"Since the Port Mafia have been so kind to send their own people, we must return the favor, eh?" Vincenzo glanced at his granddaughter again, a ghost of a smile dancing across his lips, "Any objections?"

Eight out of the thirteen people that sat around the table raised their hands, including Vincenzo's granddaughter. The Don raised an eyebrow, looking to his left.

"It is not possible, Señor Don," said Valentino. The most untrustworthy of them all, and yet, he held the third position of authority right after Vincenzo and his granddaughter. "The Japanese would easily understand our accent and I wouldn't account Mr. Mori as a tonto."  He narrowed his eyes at her, who looked at her grandfather, "I cannot help but agree with Valentino, El Gran,"

Lana, who was usually chatty during the meetings, pitching ideas that weren't usually considered, spoke, intruding the banter that was sure to break out any second. "If I may, Señor," she spoke, her silvery voice cutting through the thick tension like a knife, "I say, let us face those Japanese head on,"

Everyone stayed silent, as if time had stopped.

"All those in favor," she said, her voice a brittle vibration in the air and her hand raised.

Ten of the thirteen people present there raised their hands. "All those in not," she muttered, looking at Eduaro, Valentino and Tina with a stoney face, "shall be sentenced to death."

The three had no choice but to raise their hands, counted as selfish people who cared for nothing more than money, power and their very existence.

With a slight wave of his hand, Vincenzo dismissed the eleven people present there who lingered no longer than a second. His wintry gaze never shifted from his granddaughter's, and she loured when she heard Eduardo snicker as he departed. She shrunk under his gaze, fighting his glare with her own of lesser intensity as she breathed out rings of smoke.

"You do not threaten El Copas, Mariana," he said in his deep Italian accent, the silence reverberating with the weight of his voice and words. "Understood?"

"Si, El Gran."

"Bien."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Ahem.

The author would like to say a few words here.

Firstly, this takes place when Dazai and Chuuya are 17 years old, a year before Dazai leaves the Port Mafia, as you know.

Second, the words in italics are Spanish, or if not, they are emphasized. The most powerful mafia stuff is all fuctional, though, the mafias I mentioned earlier are all real.

So, like, there's this secret mafia that no one knows about so that's why you've never heard of it.

Also, some warnings that I forgot to mention before hand and now I don't wanna add it 'cause it'll spoil the whole thing.

in this story, torture, both physical and mental will be involved.

there will be gore, obviously, but if you feel uncomfortable with it, please leave or proceed with caution.

there will be mentions of drugs, human trafficking, wepons and all that jazz, so again: proceed with caution.

I have created a Spotify playlist for this book, so go check that out. The link to my Spotify profile is on my bio.

And while you're there at my bio, press that button over there, it's called 'FOLLOW'.

That's all for now.

Thank you for reading!

CXESHIRE.