AGNR - One Shot

* Portion of this was also inspired by Watchmen and Grey's Anatomy.

Songhai (Son-Jay) / Ghai (Jay)
Selah (Sell-Uh)

🥀

December 31, 2018

Michael walked inside of Shell's gas station, the one he always frequented, so much that every shift person knew him by name.

"Thought you started ridin' the bus or something 'cuz I hadn't seen you for a couple of days." Don was the owner and someone that Michael had been around his entire childhood.

"Nah," he chuckled, grabbing his usual bag of skittles and two slim jims'. "I've been working a case, still working it, just had to stop at the house."

"Is it grimy?" Don asked, leaning into the counter behind the glass. "It's about those girls that keep popping up in those abandoned warehouses, right?"

Michael kissed his teeth as he sat his stuff on the counter. "Now you know I can't disclose that Don, so why even ask me?"

"'Cuz I'm hopin one of these days you'd let me in on a little juice. People curious out here man," Don explained as he rang up Michael's stuff. "No half-tea half-lemonade Arizona?"

Michael snapped his fingers and pointed at Don as he laughed, "you just reminded me."

Turning to head to the back of the gas station Michael grabbed his usual half-and-half Arizona then allowed the door to close before deciding to grab two, one for the road, because it was no telling when he'd make it out of the precinct to get another one.

He heard the bell ring, which it always did when someone was coming inside the store, then he heard Don. "'Sup boys."

Michael turned around seeing one of the two boys stay at the counter and the other one walk down the aisle, next to the one he was in and toward the coolers.

It was in his nature to notice the black hoodie pulled over the young boy's head, but it was December in Virginia, so it was could. That and the boy wasn't doing anything suspicious for Michael to be alarmed.

The aisles were narrow, being that it was a small gas station, so Michael felt his forearm accidently swipe against the rack of chips to his left.

He bent down, picking up the two bags of chips from the floor, when upon his ascend he heard the click of a gun being released from safety and the small gust of air as it was quickly pointed at him.

"Don't move," the boy tried to deepen his voice, but Michael could tell that even though he tried to make it seem that way he couldn't be that old.

"Alright," Michael tried to overlook the gun, staring right at the boy who was pointing it at him. It was then that Michael noticed the reason the boy had his hood up was to conceal the black ski mask that he was then sporting. "Alright."

"To the front... lessgo!" The boy yelled when Michael didn't move immediately, "and put your hands up!"

Michael did as he was told, the cans of Arizona and the bag of chips he was holding, dropping to the floor, one of the cans popping open and splashing against the ankle of his pants.

When he turned that's when he noticed the second boy had a gun pulled and pointed at Don from the counter, a ski mask pulled over his face too.

"Yo, get the cash, nigga, damn!" The one with the gun on Michael scolded the other as he used his gun to wave Michael out of the aisle.