Glowing Embers

i. Rius hates it when Taria gets drunk.

But he couldn't stop her from enjoying the graduation party with her friends. With pleading eyes and cute look? Who can resist his baby? It's just that he couldn't deal with the aftermath he has to face.

Just like this.

"Come on Taria, please..." Rius grunted while lifting Taria out of the car "You're quite heavy, babe" Rius wonder how people lift their partner so easily, maybe he needs to work out more – he's pretty sure he's lacking on that part.

"Hmmm..." Taria replied with her drunken state.

Rius successfully lifted Taria off the car while closing the doors simultaneously. Thankfully, Taria clung into his shirt like her life depended on it, not like the other time when she's too weak to stand and ended up sitting on a dirty puddle. She didn't remember any of it the next morning of course.

"Two more steps babe." Rius said guiding Taria in front of their door, the chilly winds made both of them shiver. It's usually cold in their area but it's unusually a lot colder tonight. Definitely an effect of Global warming, Rius noted.

         ii. Rius went to the fireplace to ignite the fire and ease the cold.

He placed Taria gently on the couch and placed pillows on the floor before doing so, his baby's safety should come first.

When the fire is strong enough, he went to Taria and chuckled when he saw her sitting upright. Ah. Here comes her banters.

"Hey you!" Yes, Taria forgets Rius when she's drunk.

"What do you want, miss?" He said, riding Taria's drunk statements. He sighed when Taria lifted her shirt, this little girl is such a tease. Really.

"Why? Are you disappointed with my actions huh?!" Taria points at him while throwing words, she's not shouting but her voice is slightly in higher pitch than what she normally has.

"No babe, I'm not" But is he really not? It's just, Rius knows it's part of her, being blunt and well spoken. He knows too well that she has a lot of friends to hang out with while he's exactly the opposite. So why would he be disappointed of something he doesn't completely experience?

"Wow! You sound so much like my boyfriend..." Taria said making Rius chuckle. "And your laugh is similar too!" Taria is so surprised but her eyes are lightly dropping,

Rius went to the couch and tried to remove Taria's shoes so that she can sleep peacefully.

"Don't touch me. I have a boyfriend!" Taria said, trying to open her eyes to get a glimpse of the man she's conversing with. Too bad, the only light source is from the fireplace and mixing with her state, she wouldn't probably recognize her boyfriend.

"Yeah. I know that" Rius replied stifling a laugh. "Can I kiss you?" he asked looking at Taria's half parted lips. His baby is so adorable tonight, it's making his insides swirl in a familiar emotion.

"I just told you I have I boyfriend. Why can't men delineate the difference between yes and no? If somebody said she has a boyfriend, don't push it dude. Find another girl!" Taria rolled her eyes. "Oh! And also, why do men have the freedom to walk around topless while women can't?!"

        iii. Welcome to Taria's ted talk with her special guest - Rius Alonzo.

"Uh..." Rius tried to counter but he realized, why the hell not? So instead, he nodded his head and said, "You've got a point."

"I know, Rius doesn't like it when I'm drunk." Taria said, suddenly shifting the topic.

"Why do you think so?" Rius prodded.

"Because I'm a handful when I'm drunk, and he's clumsy... and cute, he often forgets things despite being a science freak. But I still like him despite. I – I just..."

"Hmmm? You just what?" Rius replied.

"I know, we haven't really talked about this... I just want to tell him, that I don't want to have a child in the future." Taria's statement didn't even made Rius flinch.

"I'm afraid that... if he wants... he couldn't really push me to have one. I'm scared that he will leave me because I really love him... like this much" Taria made a big heart sign using her hands.

"I'm afraid, Rius loves you too much and that love? is enough to make him stay. No one's leaving, Taria." Rius whispered into her ear and quickly pulled back to massage the knot in her forehead.

"I love him, so much." Taria said before drifting off to sleep.

Rius crouched down to remove the other pair of shoes before lying down besides Taria and giving her a kiss on the forehead.

That night, even when the flames died down, the embers continued to glow.